Official Trouble with Time Episode Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by MannysCollectibles, Aug 7, 2006.

1. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Update: We may use some of the posts in our revised episode guide, so just be aware you may be quoted!!

Episode: 005 -- Trouble with Time
    Written By: Ron Goulart & Julian P. Gardner

Quick Summary:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

While looking for Thundrillium (the ThunderTank's source of power), TYGRA gets caught in the Cave of Time , aging him rapidly and making him too feeble to leave. LION-0 rushes to assist, but WILLA, a Forest Warrior, warns him that he is not quick enough to escape the cave's magic. CHEETARA's super speed enables her to rescue TYGRA without any ill effect. WILLA directs them to the Geyser of Life where (after battling the winged snakes who guard the fountain) TYGRA is restored to his true age.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

For a more in-depth description, please visit our (still under construction) episode guide. :)

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinion on this episode. Did you like it? Dislike it? Why?​

Discuss!!​

Daremonger likes this.
  2. optimusprime

optimusprime Moderator

this is easily one of my fave eps great storytelling we see how much the tcats are so closely knit together, and we also see 2 new allies for the thundercats in this episode willa and nada. i defenitly give this ep an 8

Daremonger likes this.
  3. shigsy2003

shigsy2003 Crabman

Howdy

Ooooh I like this episode a lot it,focuses on Tygra a Thundercats I feel is really underused. It has a story and we get introduced to the Warrior Women if I remember correctly. Also I nice save by Cheetara. PRaise her up.

8/10

Chris M

Daremonger likes this.
  4. kzlambert

kzlambert Illustrator & Animator TC.org Staff

Trouble with Time

This was a typically good episode. There was character development for Tygra, the introduction of more allies for the Thundercats in the form of the Warrior Maidens and some weird looking snake birds lol..

I liked the concept of the Cave of Time and thought it was cool to see how a Thundercat would age.

This was the first time we saw a plot like this after an extended introduction in the first 4 episodes.. Not the best of its kind, but a very watchable episode.
    3*

Daremonger likes this.
  5. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

This episode is one that a lot of fans who haven't seen the show in years often remember, maybe because it was easy to find in video stores... It's also one of my favorites.

Apart from loving this episode visually, I also really like the morals, as presented by Jaga. They're not ones that pop up in other episodes, and they're very applicable to real life:

"This is her home territory. She knows it much better than you." And my personal favorite, "Sometimes you can save time by waiting, and finding out all there is to learn about a situation."

Oh, and lizarthons are awesome.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to score it. 9/10.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
    Daremonger likes this.
  6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

This is actually one of my daughters favorite episodes along with Time Switch. She has a thing for the Thundercats aging or becoming younger.

Daremonger likes this.
  7. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

"Trouble with Time" is one o' my favorite episodes from the 1985 series. Some great characterization for Tygra. ;)

8. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

One of my fav eps ever. Not only because it centers in Tygra (which I agree was underused later), but because of the plot and the "creepiness" in it. Also, loved that it introduced the WM.

Daremonger likes this.
  9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I really enjoyed the design and animation of a Tygra aging! It makes me want a geriatric Tygra figure haha

Daremonger likes this.
  10. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

First off - I regard this episode, and the next, "Pumm-Ra" as being part of the establishing arc. For me, Thundercats doesn't have an opening four-parter, it has an opening six-parter (just look at the way "Pumm-Ra" ends with Mumm-Ra showing himself to the Thundercats - that is the perfect ending to the establishing arc).

Secondly, I remember this one well as a kid, because the ageing plot freaked me out the first time I saw it, and because of this, I decided not to keep that episode and recorded over it. When it got a repeat a year or so later and I was recording them again (must have got recorded over by mistake), I knew this episode was next after "The Slaves Of Castle Plun-Darr" and made a point of not recording it!

This phenomenon also happened with the Defenders Of The Earth episode "The Mystery Of The Book", where they all got turned to statues, apart from Mandrake and Kshin. I consciously avoided that episode also as a kid.

Mark M likes this.
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I recall my tape with 'Trouble With Time' got destroyed. I always had vague memories of the episode though.
    I liked that DOTE episode. :)