Old Nickolodeon vs. Current Nickolodeon

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

It's probably not fair to compare the two, but I REALLY loved Nickolodeon when I was a kid. They had the best game shows (GUTS, Legends of the Hidden Temple), educational kids programs (Pinwheel, Eureeka's Castle), animation (Doug, Rugrats), and all-audience shows (Alex Mack, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts).

I care barely watch that channel now because of Spongebob taking over that network.

The good ol' days. :(

2. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

Old Nickelodeon wins hands down. I'll take Rocko's Modern Life or Doug over Spongebob any day of the week. 8)

3. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

What is so special about Spongebob anyways? :roll:

4. voice_guy

voice_guy Berbill

I miss old Nick. Inspector Gadget, Double Dare, You
    can't do that one television, Mr Wizard's world, and
    so many more good ones.

5. amalthea84

amalthea84 Junior Member

ugh. I never understood what is so funny about spongebob. I too miss old school nickolodeon. Didn't Pete and Pete just come out on DVD? I hope they bring out all the shows on DVD

6. amalthea84

amalthea84 Junior Member

Ah this has been on my mind all day! Shows I really want on DVD:

Hey Dude
    Salute your shorts
    David the Gnome
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Doug
    AAAAHHH!! Real monsters

I saw reruns of GUTS, Wild and Crazy Kids and Legends of the Hidden Temple last year on some game show channel.. Pretty funny stuff :)
    Did anyone ever win Legends of the Hidden Temple?

oh and off nick-topic but I really can't wait for dinosaurs to come out on dvd. NOT THE MOMMA!