Omens

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Fan-Fiction' started by Nowhere_ManX, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Nowhere_ManX

Nowhere_ManX New Member

"Omens" is an alternate retelling of the 2011 series that I began writing in April and is still ongoing.

I've had over three hundred thousand words typed for this story, spanning twenty-four official chapters, three individual character prologues, an intro and a partridge in a pear tree. ^^

Ok, I know what you're thinking. You're seeing retelling and automatically rolling your eyes at the thought. I know I've had the term *butt-hurt fixfic* thrown around more than once in reference to other ThunderCats 2011 fanfictions in the past. And I'm just going to say, honestly give it a chance. I think I've done a decent job of being honest with some of the portrayals of the characters and not to character assassinate anyone truthfully. That's not what I'm trying to do. I'll be honest with you guys. I was seriously disappointed with the overall 2011 series. It's not just the pairing choices, but the lack of growth within the characters, the plot, the presentation. Basically the overall scope of the series could have gone to much farther places than it did.

With Omens I tried to make a large branching epic, what I thought the original show was going out to do but *shrugs*. Anyway a lot of people have liked it in the past so I figured I'd extend a link to you good people to see if you enjoy the story also.

Have fun!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8030956/1/Omens

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Hey there, NoWhere Man. This is Heart of the Demons. I've enjoyed "Omens" ever since you've started writing it. :)

3. Nowhere_ManX

Nowhere_ManX New Member

Oh ok, I didn't know you went under that name here. So used to seeing you as Heart. Oh, well trying to see if some of the other kind people here can warm up to the story. ^^

4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Okey-dokey.