One:12 ThunderCats possible down the line...

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by englishw, Feb 5, 2016.

1. englishw

englishw Junior Member

I couldn't figure out how to embed it with the time-marker, so skip to 15:13 to hear him talk about ThunderCats. Gives me hope that we may see ThunderCats in Mezco's One:12 line. And as a side note, if you haven't seen it already, Mezco had a massive One:12 reveal yesterday and showed off tons of new upcoming figures. Skip back to about 4:10 for the start of the One:12 Collective talk. All good stuff :)

Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Thanks for the post!

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like they have the license but doesn't sound like it's a priority.

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Great post. Shame they didn't show a One:12 Thundarr. I heard they got the licence for it a while back.

5. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

They know they would be competing with Mattel's 6" ThunderCats line, which wouldn't be very smart! (They already have the larger scale figures in production with Jaga and Grune to follow in the near future!)

If anything they should focus on doing a SilverHawks line in the One:12 format. Those would sell better than ThunderCats at the moment, given it's a fresh property fans haven't seen since the 80's.

:panthro

Daremonger likes this.
  6. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Totally. :)

7. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

Wait, so Mezco is continuing with the large scale figures with Jaga and Grune? Did I read that post correctly?

Daremonger likes this.
  8. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I was wondering the same thing. Is there a link to this somewhere? I hadnt hear anything publicly confirmed after Tygra.

Daremonger likes this.
  9. At the rate they are going with the current line, they might get around to it 10 years from now.

Daremonger likes this.
  10. englishw

englishw Junior Member

The One:12 line is only a year old. They put out a few figures last year, testing the waters, and they sold very well. I think this huge lineup for 2016 is only the beginning. Mezco took a chance with the One:12 Collective line and it looks like they are taking a bigger leap this year. They are doing such an awesome job with it, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes their flagship line and they become the Hot Toys of the 6" market. If that happens, I could see them doing ThunderCats when Mattel is done with them (I don't know how long their license is good for) in a few years. A few years isn't long to wait when you've been waiting for 30 years already :) I think it'll be far fewer than 10 years. Time will tell! We can hope! :D

Daremonger likes this.
  11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That's possible. It doesn't seem like they would enter the Thundercats 6" market concurrently with Mattel.

Daremonger likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The One:12 line wouldn't work for Thundercats. Far too many characters. Outside Lion-O and Mumm-Ra I think that would be it. All the licences they are working on are just solo character focused...with the exception of the Batman vs Superman figures.

13. englishw

englishw Junior Member

They have said that they are going to be trying to pair up heroes and villains. That's as much as they've said. That and they they want to get to as many characters as they can. I think seeing their 2017 line-up will give us a better idea of what to expect beyond that :) And even if they did just a few, I'd take them!

Mark M likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The main cast of heroes and Mumm-Ra would be easy enough but I don't know how the mutants would transition into this style. All we have really seen so far are standard humans with clothing...which the mutants are not. It is a very cool line though, love the Captain America and Shazam/Captain Marvel. :D Heard they got the Thundarr licence so would really love to seen him, Ariel and Ookla in this style. Although Ookla is similar to the mutants.

englishw likes this.
  15. englishw

englishw Junior Member

You're right about only seeing humanoids so far... it'll be interesting to see if they branch out from that at all or stay strictly humanoid. They haven't revealed any females yet, but they say that they are in the works. They have said that it has been a steep learning curve and that it took a lot of trial and error to get where they are now. I hope they branch out in character designs. I'd love to see more variance in the build/style they offer. So far, I'm nothing but impressed with their offerings. They just teased a Batman v Superman Batmobile today on Twitter...

[​IMG]

Mark M likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Their stuff definitely looks good. Not interested in movie stuff though...DC movies especially. ;) I love the DC animated shows and movies but not a fan of the movies.

17. Serval

Serval Crabman

Because they've already done most of the core cast, it shouldn't be particularly difficult for Mezco to have them scaled down. They just need to re-do Lion-O, because he doesn't match stylistically with the rest of the gang. It's understandable since he was the first character made.

I also hope that NECA scales down their movie turtles as they are currently the most film accurate representations available. And, their Batman Returns line.

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's odd that Lion-O is so off looking as they were all sculpted by the same person. I suppose the long gaps between the figures didn't help. Maybe if they had all been sculpted at the same time.

Serval likes this.