Packaging Difference In The Lion-O Figure

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Codered, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Codered

Codered New Member

Has anyone noticed that there is a packaging difference in the lion-o figure ? The one on the left I purchased it on day of sale. The one on the right is from the subscription. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  2. Codered

Codered New Member

The subscription purchase claw shield comes packaged attached to his hip. The one I bought on day of sale comes packaged unattached from his hip

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Berserker likes this.
  3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I totally dig variants! This is an interesting change mid run.

Berserker likes this.
  4. Berserker

Berserker Glass Walker

Hmmm interesting, would Mattel do this as a nod to all the package variants for the original LJN line? Also note that the dagger is flipped in each package. I'll have to go check mine out.

5. Thundaracats

Thundaracats New Member

i got 3 on day of sale. all of them came packaged with the claw shield attached to his hip.

6. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I greatly prefer the version with the seperate Claw over the attached version.

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Nicer separate. Packaging still looks very bland.

8. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I doubt that...

9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree. It seems more likely that it would be changed for some production/packing/QC advantage. Do you think that later runs were produced with the claw shield off? Are there UPC number differences or anything to differentiate the two?

10. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

One would assume it was due to the issues surrounding removing the claw shield from the belt. That said I got 5 Lion-Os, 3 sub 2 DOS, and all of them are the initial configuration, with the shield on his belt.

11. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

I'll be happy no matter which one I get in the post but I'd prefer the one with the claw to oneside as looks neater to me.

12. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

Another difference is the mini sword of omens is facing up in one package and down in the other.

13. Nitewing73

Nitewing73 Junior Member

I picked up one on the day of sale and I have a sub as well. Thanks for pointing out the packaging difference going to have to check this out after I get home from work.

14. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I got the one with Claw on his belt from my 2 monthly subs. Hoping for the variation on my single ship subs ;)

15. Nitewing73

Nitewing73 Junior Member

I just checked and mine are both the same with the claw shield attached to the belt.