Mezco Panthro and Mumm-Ra from Mezco

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by balgus82, Feb 6, 2012.

1. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

2. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Thanks for sharing balgus, Panthro does look awesome.
    However, i have decided not to go along with this line. I think Mezco lays emphasis mainly on the anime side of Tcats.

3. balgus82

If I had the money I'd definitely support this line. Mezco seems to me like they're trying to keep their figures more screen accurate than some of the other lines.

4. stormbringer

stormbringer Berbill

I'll probably try to pick these up, but I fear my toy collecting may get out of hand if I'm not careful. :D

5. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I'll definately get Mumm-Ra since he's much better than the Bandai version and the scale might work with the 8" Bandai Lion-O :) Other than that it's doubtful I'll collect these due to the size.

I guess it looks like Mumm-Ra in his decayed form, will be their SDCC exclusive :)

6. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

That Panthro looks excellent. I need him and Mumm Ra right now!

7. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

yea that panthro looks sweet!

8. balgus82

9. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

3 different complanies have produced the exact same pose for Mumm-ra, at least one could have gone with the Mummified version or added something new. Out of the three, PCS is the best presantation. Even though the rest are almost identical in pose, style, colours, they lack in overall quality.

10. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

The Panthro looks excellent! Really looking forward to this!

Thanks for sharing balgus.

11. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

Do these have any articulation? That Panthro looks wicked cooL!

12. balgus82

the article says "up to 10 points of articulation."

Basically look at the pics, and where you see body parts separated from each other; that's where it'll be articulated.

13. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

14. Blinded No More

Blinded No More Berbill

I'll probably pass on these, they look amazing but I'm more into fully articulated figures.

15. elkkthunder

elkkthunder Junior Member

16. Snarfer

Snarfer Junior Member

Sigh, that Panthro does look great. However, I have no room in my life for doll-sized figures. An 8" scale should be the absolute largest permissible scale for non-statue toys. At that point the distinction between action figures and dolls become a bit hazy. IMO, Mezco kinda squandered the license---they could have provided the ultimate alternate to Bandai's anemic Thundercats line (we all know that Bandai isn't really taking the line too seriously). Although Mezco's Lion-O looks odd, the Mumm-ra and Panthro are very toon accurate.

It's possible that Bandai is taking a hiatus from the Thundercats line because they don't want to reveal too much about the upcoming cartoon series (and there seems to be long lag between season 1 and season 2), but this is the perfect opportunity to release the rest of the classic figures (e.g 8" Cheetara, and 8" Panthro) and (6" Cheetara, 6" Tygra, 6" Wily Kit, and 6" Wiley Kat)

17. gjustis

gjustis Junior Member

I was hesitant to pick up Mezco's Lion-O; I too actually thought he looked a bit odd in the box. However, after removing him and giving him a pose, ooooboy...he's ridiculously cool. For serious.

Personally, I can't wait for the next two...I think Mezco is doing wonders with their license, and commend them for the impressive work in creating some terribly cool products. :thumbsup:

18. AARON4576

AARON4576 New Member

Mega-Scale Mumm-ra has arrived!!!

[​IMG]

19. Kuzeh

Kuzeh New Member

I don't post too often, but here's my Mumm-Ra!
    Got it for $20.00 shipped from Amazon!!

Seriously this figure kicks ass!!!
    As simple as it is, with minimal articulation, the sculpt is pretty amazing and the size imposing, I gotta say, this one is probably my favorite Mumm-Ra rendition out there!(The Icon heroes is very good too... )
    It's crazy how this one captures Mumm-Ra so perfectly, even better than the PCS one... but that's no surprise, and for the price, you can't go wrong!!
    Love it!!

My only nitpick is the inside of the mouth... it's kind of flat... and looks a bit weird...
    I might fix that eventually.
    Oh! and the cape doesn't quite stay on the wrist bracelets, nothing major.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Awesome Pics! He looks perfectly done...It would be cool if you post a smaller Lion-O being grabbed by that Giant Mumm-Ra =)