Panthro arrival thread

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 5, 2016.

1. JapanRL

JapanRL Junior Member

My subscription arrived today here in Japan.
    The figures are great and I hope the line can continue somehow in the future.

2. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

3. Colton001

Colton001 Junior Member

My only minor gripe is that I would have liked an open hand like the Mezco figure. That's all. Overall I am pretty happy with these figures. My biggest complaint over all is Pumyra being way too tall.

4. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

Could not agree more on Pumyra, however she fits in nicely with the Bandi line right ;P
    Never been a fan of the Mezco line. I have no love for figures/statues that are that tall. They look way too tall and the proportions are off. I however love the Matty line and hoping we get more with S7 next year.

5. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

How do you check inventory on matty?

6. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

My Panthro arrived (as part of my single shipment) and he is really awesome! Even with the ears slightly bent because of the packaging, but he is the perfect figure. So happy to have him. And the chain I think is actually the right length. Not sure if there are different lengths out there?

7. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

From the show:
    [​IMG]

Prototype:
    [​IMG]

Final figure:
    [​IMG]

8. Sebastiaan

My gosh, just shows you how memory can fail you! Was it really that short in the cartoon and on the prototype? Wow! Strange when I opened mine it looked fine to me, but now that I see the other pictures, it really is very long. Oh well, it still looks ok to me. One can always remove some of those loops I guess?

9. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Panthro has to my favourite by far...looks great. Always had a love for Panthro, as I always remember playing in the sand pit as a kid with the original. Then as an adult I got Panthro back and well I had to collect them all! Soo happy to add this piece to my collection.

adssse likes this.
  10. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

My panthro has arrived :smile and he looks great i really hope this line continues .

11. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I got my Panthro a while back, but is still MOC until my 2nd one arrives, he looks awesome though and he is probably the best one of the lot!!! Anyone tried the LJN nunchucks for size comparrison ?

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

LOL I can't imagine those nun chucks being a very effective fighting weapon with a chains that long.

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I was looking at the first few episodes and the chain is shown to be quite longer in those episodes. I still think the Mattel toy chain looks too long but I suppose it is kind of accurate...at least top those episodes. The chain in you pic looks a lot more normal and sensible in terms of them being used as a practical weapon.

A really odd thing though is the spinning effect piece. The way it is sculpted the chain is even shorter than the prototype!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  14. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Do remember that in the cartoon the chain could vary in length. So I guess technically any length will do. :panthro

15. Sebastiaan

You hit the mark there Mark! It's true - that spinning effect piece hardly has any chain or lookalike chain in it. But it really is still a cool accessory.

Mark M likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's a cool accessory. Would have been cooler if it had been done correctly...like a few other things in the toyline. LOL. ;)
    Here is a pic of how a spinning effect should be done.
    upload_2017-1-24_13-39-27.png

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. Sebastiaan

That's a great spinning effect!!!

Mark M likes this.
  18. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

I love the spinning effect, it was a great surprise. His accessories are great. I would agree that the attention to detail with this line has not been perfect, but overall it is a great line and I am dying to see it continue. I am currently rewatching the cartoon and there are just so many figures they could do that would be really cool!