Petition for Thundercats on Netflix

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Oritin, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Oritin

Oritin New Member

Recently I found a petition pushing for production of new episodes for the 2011 Thundercats cartoon on Netflix. I personally liked the series and want to have it seen through, it might be a slim chance to get it back up and running but its worth a shot. If you interested sign up and share with a friend and maybe we will get to see it again.

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-ne...ents_action_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylink

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Daremonger likes this.
  2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Signed. It is probably a long shot, but I really enjoyed this series.

xluckinekostylex and Daremonger like this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I can't sign. I would sign though for Netflix to make a new series and for the master toy licence to go to anyone but Mattel.

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I signed it a while ago.

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  5. Oritin

Oritin New Member

That may also happen if cartoonnetwork refuses to give the rights to of the 2011 series to Netflix and Warner Brothers decides to allow them to have the rights to a series they can make their own original version of the thundercats something similar to what they did the show how to tame your dragon. But this would have no effect to the actual toy rights.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well it depends. Mattel's licence might just be for figures based on the Classic cartoon.

7. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

I think it's just sad, that of a reboot of a show you grew up with in your childhood was launched for the next generation of fans, and then backlashed by elite douche bags like you because of it's character development, redesign, or storyline, still believe that original is better. It them axed by the network before it's potential and no one seem to care anymore, And don't realize the show you love and it's franchise and fandom is becoming more of a footnote and a joke.
    And thundercats both 1985 and 2011 are th e examples.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Bravo on your first post on the site insulting someone.
    FYI I liked the 2011 series well enough. It did some interesting things but I didn't like it well enough to care that much about the second season.
    Also as far as the original series goes I am not a super fan. I loved the first season. After that there is only a few episodes I liked as the rest of it I found the writing and characters very boring.
    Just because someone liked the original it doesn't mean they should automatically like the remake. I can think of multiple shows I didn't like the remake of and shows that I thought were superior to the original.

LioConvoy likes this.
  9. xluckinekostylex

Look don't get me wrong or nothing I like both series. I'm saying Netflix should Revive the 2011 series. I mean it characters , the redesigns, and story plot were amazing.
    It deserves to be celebrated all around the world!

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

A group of us on here are currently re-watching the 2011 series. we are on the 16th episode or so and so far the first dozen episodes have been really inconsistent and as for characters aside from lion-O and Pumyra the rest were not that interesting.
    I still stand by what I say, I would prefer a fresh take on the series. Much like what has happened with Voltron after the failure of it's 2011 cartoon.

LioConvoy likes this.
  11. xluckinekostylex

I prefer a continuing sequel of 2011 series would be nice!

12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I really enjoy both series! I would really like to see the 2011 series continued as I feel as though there was much more to the story. At the same time I would warmly welcome a completely new Thundercats take whether it be a reboot or prequel/sequel to the original.

As far as differing opinions, that is what makes things interesting.

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  13. xluckinekostylex

thank you at least someone has good taste.

14. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

15. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Wow, Mark took your first insult and then still enaged you in conversation, and you follow it up with another sly dig. Classy dude.

If you comapre both shows, I don't know how you could come away thinking anything other than the original is better, I'm not going to call you a douche for disagreeing, but side by side it's an easy decision for me.

The original show never attempted to have a season long continuity, following on from where the last episode left off. The new series did, and in my opinion meandered about far too much instead of getting on with it. The original show never tried to make their characters deep by having them be angsty or brood, and never had a lot of in fighting between the group unless is was part of the villain plot to break them up. The constant bickering between the cats on the new show really put me off and I found them to be dislikeable a lot of the time. The old show never tried to have a love story between the cats. This again was part of the new show I could have lived without, it came off as a response to people who always argued who would have gotten together on the old show, but the execution was poor and I really don't need love triangles in my cartoons.

As Mark said the old cartoon went pretty bad towards the end, but they had 130 episodes, the new show started to lose me at about episode 13. If you look at first 26 episodes of the old show in isolation it is fantastic. Great writing, wonderful stories and memorable and likeable characters. And if you go beyond that there are still loads of great stuff to come. It's only after episode 65 that there is a noticeable drop off in quality. And all this from a vehilce to sell toys to kids.

The 2011 show had a lot to live up to, and a bigger hill to climb. It's one thing to create a hit out of nowhere, but to try and remake that thing for a new generation and re-live it's success is another thing entirely. The new show ultimately failed in this regard. Some of which is down to Cartoon Network and Bandai, but ultimately it was down to the creative team. The show just lacked a consistent quality, and based on the outline we got for the second season that never was, the show would have gotten even worse.

I want Thundercats to be in the public consciousness and have a show on TV, a movie in theatres, toys in stores, etc. I'm not going to delude myself into thinking something is really good when it's not though, no matter how much I love the brand.

Mark M likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I didn't comment further because I stated my opinion, I am not going to argue over it. :D
    The first 65 episodes are brilliant. There are very few 80's cartoons that have that quality of writing and animation. In those 65 episodes they made all characters likeable, interesting and heroic. Also the world of Thundera, Third Earth and it's inhabitants and locations were also interesting. That is something the 2011 series failed at miserably. For most of the series the rest are just background characters with maybe one or two lines in each episode.

17. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

18. xluckinekostylex

Look, everyday I turn on the tv, and the only reboots that are still ongoing are mlp: fim and tmnt. Which is really sickening, because they hogging all the glory...

19. xluckinekostylex

Oh, so I'm the douche?! Everyone's critic these days..

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

This is a rather sociable forum were we don't insult each other or result to childish name calling over a difference of opinion. Hopefully you can remember that.
    BTW the reason MLP and TMNT are still going is because the people working on it actually knew what they were doing and embraced everything that made the originals popular and knew what to improve upon. Compare the first season of MLP:FIM and TMNT to Thundercats and it's easy to see why one got cancelled.