Petition for Thundercats on Netflix

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Oritin, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't like the first half of the 2011 series. Too many unrelated boring episodes that don't do much for the overall story. The series really picks up about half way through. Sadly though after the premiere you can't save the best for last when you are trying to encourage kids to buy toys and watch the show.

2. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

That's true what about that mlp spinoff equestria girls, which is a monster high/winx ripoff

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Never watched it.

4. xluckinekostylex

All I'm saying I'm saying if they had perfect time for a merchandising, maybe better writers to continue the story, with a different and decent season 2 , with Lion-o slowly developed a relationship with the right girl, Cheetara tragic back story, and final battle. Even some pop culture references, reintroduced characters and so on, maybe they'll do alright! Is that wrong to ask?! I'm so full of jealousy and hate right now. ..

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  5. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Nobody is calling anyone a douche, this isn't the IMDB forum you know.

I can't speak for MLP since my only connection to it was my sister had some of the toys when we were kids. TMNT on the other hand you can't really complain that it's popular. TMNT has been releasing new stuff consistently since 1987. They have had their ups and downs quality wise, but they have always remained in the public consiousness. 5 live action movies, comics, toys, and there are only a handful of years where they haven't had a new cartoon on TV. I wouldn't say they are hogging the glory, they just receive recognition because everyone and their grandma knows TMNT. I'm sure if Thundercats had this level of representation in the media there would be glory enough to go around.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

After the so called ideas that were supposed to happen in season 2
    You have to put the work in to get the reward. TMNT has established itself by keeping releasing new shows, movies and toys. WB have done nothing worthwhile with Thundercats since they came into ownership of it.

7. xluckinekostylex

Because they're to damn lazy to care...

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yep. They would rather own it though and do nothing with it than sell it to someone who could do something worthwhile with it and make money.

9. xluckinekostylex

We'll never see Mumm-rana, Willa and the Warrior Maidens, Safari Joe, Bengali, The Lunataks, Hachiman, tuskar, and the snowman in the reboot, all of WB cares about are Legos these days.

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

WB are more concerned with making awful DC movies to try and compete with Marvel.

11. xluckinekostylex

Well dc live action movies are starting to suck bad

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Starting? The only ones I can think of that were good are Superman 1, 2 and 3, Batman and Batman Returns. Pretty much everything since then has not been very good. I am not a fan of the Nolan Batman movies.

13. xluckinekostylex

Still it's just isn't fair! It's like thundercats is part of the 1% of american pop culture

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

What do you expect. WB have done nothing whilst other shows and toy lines have done things to be a bigger part of pop culture.

15. xluckinekostylex

We'll just Boycott them if we have to.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  16. xluckinekostylex

I get it not everyone isn't into the gritty stortyline that the new series is focus on..

17. grumpykat

grumpykat Active Member

and I hope he never does learn...to give up. It's that 'never give up' attitude that gave us a new season of Young Justice, a new Voltron series; but also earlier in the century new seasons of Futurama and Family Guy.

18. xluckinekostylex

Wow, you never stop ranting when fans who never give up hope..

19. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

[​IMG]

LioConvoy likes this.
  20. xluckinekostylex

A Fool's hope? A fool hope?, how dare you? >:(
    We'll never get a conclusion, and Chima, that Lego ripoff can't feel the void inside us.. the reboot deserved the be revive, some how..