Petition for Thundercats on Netflix

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Oritin, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I wouldn't pin your all your hopes on the Thundercats reboot ever coming back. You are so invested in it, which at this time is so unlikely, that I would say you have a "fools hope". You appear to have been blinded to the fact my picture was posted as a joke, a month and a half ago at that. You take this much too seriously. Also, don't forget that after Gandalf said "There never was much hope", they went on to win.

2. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

I signed it!

3. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

I guess every tc fan becomes a realist nowadays, people losing hope, claiming thundercats will never exist, no wonder the fanbase is dying..

4. Booshman

I have no doubt Thundercats will be back one day, in some form, the rebooted incarnation making a return I do not. Look at TMNT, it's had a new incarnation every few years, spanning cartoons and movies. Every time it comes back it's a new version, people cling to one version or another that they like, but they rarely see that one come back, unless it's a special like "Turtles Forever". Given the option, I would want the original Thundercats to come back, you would want the reboot to continue. How likely do you think it is that either of us would get our wish, over a creative team wanting to take a stab at their own version?

Personally I think the next version needs to be a live action cinematic release. Even if it's not great, which this sort of thing rarely is, it would breathe new life into the franchise to make it worth it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Mark M and adssse like this.
  5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree. I dont believe we will see a continuation of the original or the 2011 series. I personally enjoyed both of the series immensely, but would also wholeheartedly welcome a new take on the franchise whether that be a new series or a movie. I almost wonder how a Thundercats cartoon aimed at a younger audience (say kindergarten age) would do.

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Thundercats needs to start again instead of continuing the original or 2011 series. I would prefer a new series but a live action movie would be pretty cool to get the franchise going again. However if the movie was a failure it may do the franchise more harm than good so an animated series or animated movie would probably be a safer option.

7. Booshman

We've had a new animated show and it barely registered in the mainstream conciousness. To get the brand jump started they need a movie in theatres. Get in all the people who know what it is and introduce it to, (unfortunatley the majority), those who haven't a clue about it. I think a failed movie or another failed show would equally detrimental to Thundercats, so best to go out guns blazing.

Mark M likes this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

What about an animated movie that leads to TV series like Star Wars Clone Wars.
    A live action movie would be visually very impressive, but just like the an animated show, the hero character designs would need vastly extreme makeovers as the 80's...and even the 2011 designs would look a bit silly in a live action movie. I think they would need to be more animalistic looking rather than being so human looking. All the characters would probably have to be done like the recent TMNT movies.

9. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

WB should get James Gunn to do a ThunderCats movie. The guy managed to catapult a raccoon and a tree to super stardom!!! :00 Imagine what he could do with the ThunderCats mythos. :)

Mark M likes this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree. He even made Dave Bautista vastly more popular as an actor than he ever was as a wrestler!

Wilycub likes this.
  11. Booshman

I did a "highly scientific" study yesterday. I showed a class of five year olds the WormyTV "Thundercats Movie Trailer". Their exposure to the show is they've seen the first 5 episodes, 4 of which were before Chinese Newy Year holiday and 1 earlier in the week. When it was done they all cheered, and several were asking me when the movie was coming out, or did I have the full movie with me. It was pretty cool to see how excited they were for it. These are the same kids that when I showed them the 1990 TMNT trailer and the 1st Bay TMNT trailer back to back, they said the 1990 looked better because they "looked like turtles". I think the Cats looking human like the cartoon, with some prosthetics (pointed ears, etc) would be fine.

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I know what you mean. The 90's Turtles looked more like turtles and were very faithful to the designs from the cartoon and Mirage comics. But the Turtle designs are one thing, I don't know how well the Thundercats designs would translate to live action. If they stick to more human designs I agree that prosthetics would probably be the best way of doing it.

13. Booshman

I think human looking for the Cats would be a good contrast to more animal looking mutants, and monstrous Mumm-Ra. Seeing the face and allowing the actors to emote would be key. They could still go town on the costumes, and cat like movements, but having a muzzle or a nose like a Na'vi would be too much.

Mark M likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It would be cool if they could do as much with real effects and as little CGI as possible.

15. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

That IMHO is the ideal way. But unfortunately, the studios do the opposite. These days even a superhero's costume is preferred to be done in CGI. :frown

Mark M likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well in terms of Spider-Man's eyes and symbiote costumes etc. I can understand them doing them in CGI.
    I recently got the Captain America boxset of the two 70's movies and the 1990 movie. After seeing the 70's Captain America outfit....I think we might have a new winner in the worst movie costume for a super hero. :roflmao

Wilycub likes this.