please sign this Petition

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by catamountain, Feb 21, 2012.

1. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

Hi guys and gals,

In chatting to Mr Dan Norton earlier today, he told me that we shouldnt expect to see many bad guy action figures as Bandai believe that people only want Hero figures.
    So I have created this petition to make them realise those who collect action figures need Bad Guys in order to be able complete the experience.

http://www.change.org/petitions/bandai-co-ltd-actually-make-bad-guy-action-figures#

thanks everyone

2. Robear-Coll

Robear-Coll Glass Walker

I'd sign a petition for Bandai to spend the extra two pennys two paint the joint pins properly instead of leaving them black. Bandai cuts corners at fan's expense because they know the fans will still buy them.

3. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Depends on which bad guys they make. They've already got Mumm-Ra, Grune, and Slithe. All they really need are Kaynar and Addicus to make things complete (hopefully they'll all get 6" versions) IMO.

Frankly there haven't been many other villains in the show. I don't think we really need a Duelist, Wood Forger or Conquerador figure, nor do I think those particular villains would sell well.

On the other hand if in the future they start introducing more of the OS villains I'll probably want those (as well as the Driller), for I think those would appeal to the fans of the OS as well as the new.

Though I do hope they don't start just making 100 different versions of the Tcats. That would just get boring.

4. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

by all accounts they dont want to make any bad Guys anymore as all people want is Heroes.

5. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

That is my one concern :( I honestly think this will be the case unfortunately. I agree though that once Ssslithe, Monkian and Jackalman are released, there aren't many more villians needed (well unless Vultureman and Ratar-O are introduced)

6. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Yep, i agree we need to wait until more bad guys are introduced in the show either from the original or totally new and then see if they should produce them or not.So far they haven't left any of the main evil out.

As balgus pointed out i wouldn't like either to see a revision of the same characters over and over again, already the new 6' Lion-O is excluded from my wish list.The less you make the more unique they are. Like the old figures were practically the same, and varied a little,only depending on the country which they were being released.For instance the Rainbow Lion-O who featured the 'bulging out the socket-kind of eyes!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  7. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

I'm on the complete opposite end of this spectrum. I think the villains make the toy lines what it really is and help it last in the long run. Don't get me wrong the heroes are awesome but even with the Bandai line when I saw the "powered up" version of Lion-O, i thought to myself, whats the point?? So now he has a weird face and some stuff on his shoulder.....would have much rather had a Jaga figure.
    The villains make the toy lines live on....Look at the original series, if they would have used this method of thinking we never would have seen Driller, Stinger, Tongue-a-saurus, or the Mad Bubbler. Just so happens all of these guys are villains and are all also the MOST collectible figures in the entire line and mostly sought after. Every collector wants to get there hands on them.

8. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Cap'n Cracka from an adult collector perspective you are right but keep in mind that the toys are also aimed to the kids who crave for the good guys and the main heroes.So i wouldn't be surprised if they make Lion-o in various stands and poses.Though i am against that.Bandai should hold up as an example the LJN line

9. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

That is true Lordore but think back to when you were a kid. Everyone kids has there favorite thundercat as well as villains. and when you were able to get your favorite one you would beg and beg until you got it. Even growing up my favorite villain other than Mumm-ra was Captain Cracker. When i first saw his toy i flipped out! i was so excited. He wasn't on the show much so i didn't always get to see him. But once i had the toy it was ok because now everytime i would play he was just as important as the mutants and mumm-ra. I may be on the minority side of this but the villains give kids a chance to see there favorite characters even if they arent on the show much.

i signed the petition and made this point on there....think christmas time and kids make their christmas list. When aunt Betty that has no idea what a Thundercat is but knows her nephew loves them. What is going to make more money, 20 different actual figure names OR looking for a Lion-O whose face is not quite the same as the other Lion-O's because he looks angry?? Which is easier to find and understand?? Keep it simple

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  10. balgus82

I think a good example of a toy line that has plenty of bad guys is Transformers. They don't hesitate at all to make bad guys to go along with the good guys.

But I do remember getting my nephew toys for christmas a few years ago and he always asked "is this a good guy?" He did always prefer the good guys. As I did when I was little.

At the very least they should make villains for the 6" line since that line is the one that's supposed to be for the adult collectors.

11. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

What good is an action figure that has no counterpart to battle? Or vehicle? The ThunderTank needs an enemy vehicle to battle, otherwise, why bother? Why is there a need for the Tower of Omens if there is no bad guy lair?

Personally, I would like to see the main mutants and at least 1 of the generic minions for each. I still remember being a kid wondering why the Mutant minions were not produced. Sure, a Jackalman or Monkian without their armor could pass as minions, but there is no way a Slithe can pass for a generic Reptillian.

That, in my opinion, would be way better than the Masters of the Universe strategy of add a couple brand new figures and at least one new version of the main good and bad guys. He-Man, Battle Armor He-Man, Thunder Punch He-Man, Flying Fists He-Man, Skeletor, Battle Armor Skeletor, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Terror Claws Skeletor, Hordak, Buzz Saw Hordak, Hurricaine Hordak, etc. Thats at least 11 variations of 3 figures from the original series alone.

But don't get me wrong, The battle damage Panthro does make logical sense to make, as does Mumm-Ra decayed and Ever Living forms.

12. balgus82

I wouldn't mind the 3 lizards that were showcased in Song of the Petalars; Kask, Sauro, and Khamai.

13. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

Bandai is retarted. What they should simply do is just keep shoving Lion-O's to the waves, and change the other figures around. That way they keep everyone happy.

Because the kids prefer to buy the hero and his gadgets than the foe and his own. Why do you think so many Mumm-Ra figures remain in stores? Why do you think all versions of Lion-O (OS and 2011) sell the most?

I agree with this statement. But remember this companies go with what they think will sell most. All those He-Man figures where what little boys preferred to Skeletor or most of He-Man's friends.

14. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

thanks for the feedback everyone, i was only concerned as i i thought it would be cool to build up Slythe's lizzard army as to be able have a full on war between the forces of good and evil, but Bandai arent interested in making any Bad Guys according to Dan Norton, who is frustrated at this lack of vision from people who are supposed to be supporting the franchise.

15. balgus82

I would sign, but honestly, I don't feel comfortable putting my address down in a site I'm not familiar with.

16. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

i dont need your personal addresses all i need is e-signatures, my address isnt on there.

17. balgus82

when I tried signing it asked for my address and I tried entering it without it, but it said it was required. was I at the wrong spot?

18. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

if it still is wanting an address then fake an address.

19. Adam, I cannot sign this petition until the letter is made more serious and more mature. It looks like a five year old begged for bad guys.

Can you edit it? If so, I would be more than happy to rewrite a business letter for you. They will never take you serious from what you wrote. I know your heart is in the right place. Please, I beg you, please allow me to rewrite your petition from a business perspective. I am working towards a Business Science degree and I would like to apply my knowledge towards your cause.

You have a great idea behind it but it needs some more emphasis.

20. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

I do agree with you, but that is a little harsh. :D

Exactly, which is why this petition is a waste of time. Bandai simply doesn't care enough.