Poll for (possible) S7 Wave 1

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Jan 27, 2017.

?

Who do you think will be in S7's (potential) wave 1 release of TC

Poll closed Feb 23, 2017.
  1. Tygra

36.0%
  2. Cheetara

76.0%
  3. Mumm-Ra the ever living

24.0%
  4. Jaga

56.0%
  5. Grune

52.0%
  6. Slithe

40.0%
  7. Monkian

48.0%
  8. Vultureman

28.0%
  9. Lynx-O

8.0%
  10. Bengali

16.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Ok, now that we know how S7 is going to deal with MOTUC, ie releasing 4 figures per quarter, let's speculate on what they might do when TC finally gets greenlighted. Despite Jaga & Grune being confirmed as "designed" by the 4H, it may not even be the first 2 included in the wave. Either way, vote for your top 4 figures of wave 1. I'm placing Cheetara and Tygra separately, but I highly doubt that they'll both be included so as to keep the line moving forward at a superb pace. Characters listed also are only the main cast / core characters.

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It would be cool if Snarf came as a pack in with one of the figures. If Cheetara and Tygra were confirmed that would be the main cast heroes done. Slithe and Monkian would really add to the villain ranks.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  3. Sebastiaan

Yes, I agree, having Snarf and Mamutt as pack ins would really be awesome. I just hope that when it comes to exclusives that these 2 aren't that. We'll have the kittens situation all over again. LOL. I do however doubt that Cheetara AND Tygra will be in the same wave. They may be split over 3 or 4 waves. You never know!

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

True they might space Cheetara and Tygra over two waves. Just depends I suppose. If they get the licence I cant see them only doing one wave of 4 figures in one year. I would say there would be a couple waves of figures. I also highly doubt they will do any underhanded tactics like the Mattel subscription from last year.

5. Sebastiaan

Agreed. I think should they follow the same route as now, they would offer 2 waves of 4 or 4 waves of 4 in the course of 1 year. If they don't do 4, they'll probably do 2 and then have another 2 waves the year thereafter. I think the success of this toyline will depend on the sales. Will S7 play it safe and only release the core cast and then be done with it? I will be happy if the core lot is released (obviously with Snarf and Mamutt included with the above lot). Hopefully they will carry on past these names. Only the future can tell. Let's see what they say and at least make our voices heard in these polls to show them what we want.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

All they really need to do is the main characters. Once they are out of they way and the characters who had an LJN toy they should expand with characters who never got toys etc.

7. Serval

Serval Crabman

Jaga and Grune are pretty much guaranteed as they were supposed to originally be released in 2016.
    Cheetara has been snubbed several times, and it is very likely that the Pumyra buck was made with Cheetara in mind. However, given the extended break, it is possible that Cheetara might get a unique buck exclusive to her.
    Vultureman fits in with 4H's figure style more than Monkian or Slithe.

P.S: I'm actually surprised that Monkian is the most anticipated figure in this poll, even though no one seems to talk about him in the threads.

Mark M likes this.
  8. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

I voted both the way I think and the way I feel, which matched in this case. I hope I am right.
    -Cheetara (FINALLY!)
    -Vultureman
    -Jaga
    -Grune

Berserker likes this.
  9. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I voted for Tygra, Ever-Living Mumm-Ra, Cheetara, and Monkian.

Berserker likes this.
  10. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I went with Cheetara, Jaga, Grune and Slithe

Berserker likes this.
  11. Berserker

Berserker Glass Walker

I voted Cheetara, Slithe, Mumm-Ra the ever living and Bengali based on the line going for a while. S7 are doing 2 waves each of Classics and Filmation this year for a total of 16 figures. It would be great if they could do 2 waves of 5 or 6 for T-cats per year.

Mark M likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Monkian is so cool people don't talk about him because we already know how awesome he is. :monkian

That would be awesome.

Serval likes this.
  13. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

I went with Tygra , Cheetara , Slithe and Monkian .

14. Mumm-Ra

Mumm-Ra Glass Walker

Tygra, Jaga, Grune, Vultureman. We already know Jaga and Grune are made, there was a early report when figures were going into the case for SDCC reveal a Bird creature was hastily put away in box shown not to display and lastly Tygra .. still need Cheetara to carry next wave! Slithe could be released second wave with Cheetara. He's is Eric's Treadaway's favorite. Maybe then Bengali and Monkian. Also Slithe/ Mummra-Ra the Everliving could be interchangeable. SDCC possible would be Ghost Jaga or Lion-o repaint (I'd love to see LJN Retro Style figure on Vintage Card)

15. Sebastiaan

True, I also read the reports that Vultureman was seen - but it turned out to be Jackalman that was displayed. There is a massive difference between a bird looking figure and a jackal looking figure. It's the beak, right? LOL. That does make you wonder - was he really there or was it just somebody who confused the names (not that the names can be as confusing as Vultaire and Kaynar...). It would be great to know that he's already sculpted.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

For some reason I think it was one of the 4Horsemen's Gothitropolis Raven figure prototypes. Someone probably seen the Thundercats then the anthromorphic bird figure and assumed it was Vultureman.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I voted; Jaga, Grune, BenGali and Monkian.

18. Sebastiaan

That's very possible Mark! You have a good point there.

19. Sebastiaan

It's interesting to see how much more love Cheetara gets as opposed to Tygra. And that Jaga & Grune gets more love than Mumm-Ra the ever living. Is it because you guys know those 2 prototypes exist that you want them in wave 1? Cheetara is a natural choice, even for me. Although I'd love all of them at once, I do think that S7 will split the core characters a bit more hence my vote for Monkian. He might also be an easier figure to make since his buck could be easily compiled from others'. I just hope that he is made in the same scale then as Jackalman.

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

When the main hero of the line (and most of the others depending on who you measure them against) is out of scale will it really matter if another character is out of scale? Monkian is smaller than Jackalman anyway so he should end up in scale.
    Personally I think Mumm-Ra the Ever Living should have been in the first wave and should definitely be released before Jaga or Grune. He is the main villain of the series after all. Unlike other Characters I think Mumm-Ra is someone that the scale will definitely matter for and he will have to be larger than the other and be at least around the same size as the MOTUC Ram Man and Tuskador figures. It's kind of ironic saying Mumm-Ra should be the size of Ram Man and Tuskador as those figures are out of scale in MOTUC and made far too large compared to their vintage toys and how they looked in the cartoon.