Poll to vote if you'll support a Super 7 TC line

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Feb 23, 2017.

?

Would you support Super 7 if they continued with the ThunderCats line started by Mattel in 2016.

Poll closed Mar 23, 2017.
  1. Yes

63.2%
  2. No

26.3%
  3. It depends on the outcome of the actual figures

10.5%
  4. Only if they rebooted it entirely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Personally I wouldn't say 4H didn't put in an effort on ThunderCats. There are very few companies who would re-sculpt and revise figures after showing off the prototypes based solely on fan input.

2. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Your post quoted above makes no sense at all! lol. The subscription on MattyCollector allowed anyone to buy a sub, regardless of being a collector or a reseller just like the Super7 pre-order will. However the way Super7 are offering the figures is worse than Matty for potential scalping since there are no day of sales and the only way to buy them if you haven't pre-ordered IS through a reseller!

No it didn't, Matty's scarcity marketing did that. The majority of folks who sold MOTUC were subscription holders. Popular figures had fast sell outs because of the high demand for those certain characters. Yes some folks probably jumped on day of sales to resell, but not as many as your making it out to be. Day of sales accounted for 10% of overall sales which is quite low compared to the 90% of sub sales.

Can you please tell me who exactly claimed they were keeping the line going by buying at day of sales? I assume that's who your talking about since you were talking about day of sales scalpers earlier in your post. If your talking about subscribers who resell then it's a very odd criticism since had they NOT subbed, there would be even less figures to cherry pick on the secondary market!

3. blackiecats

Nobody was tricked at all. The subscription went on sale AFTER Jaga and Grune were removed from the line up and then everyone assumed Jaga and Grune were going to make the 2017 line up. Please stop twisting facts.

4. catgurl

catgurl Moleman

Ofcourse not. Not after you have been proven wrong on every point.

And yet you insist on starting the same discussion over and over and over again with me.

The Mezco Thundercats figures sell for $40 on their website, that's what we were talking about. Thundercats.

This thread/poll was whether we members would support (buy) a Super7 TC line if it ever got made. Some voted yes, some voted no, for various reasons. But you jump in with things like "hater who are hellbent on wanting the line to fail". Where does that come from?

You should chill and relax a bit. At the end of the day, it does not matter what you or I say. If S7 make the line they will make it, if they don't they won't. If they make the line, it might be a success or it might not. There's no point in you getting all worked up the moment I post anything.

You voted and commented and I voted and commented. But if you reply to me directly then I will reply to you as well. I've already told you before, if you don't like having any sort of discussions with me (which you obviously don't), then don't reply to me. If you do, then don't expect me to be quiet. Friends? ;)

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Berserker was referring to Mezco's One:12 line of figures. They are really detailed articulated figures with cloth costumes and multiple accessories. They look very nice but are quite expensive.
    You are the one twisting facts to justify Mattel/Matty's actions. You have even stated Mattel's scratchy marketing.
    The percentages mean very little considering the source was probably Mattel or Toy Guru and we all know how truthful they have been.
    My comment makes perfect sense if you would take the time and read it.
    I am talking about the subscription scalpers also, not just the DOS scalpers.
    Maybe some of those folks were not scalpers and just bought multiples to save on shipping LOL. :p:roflmao

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  6. blackiecats

How am I twisting facts? Mattel announced Grune and Jaga and then said they were removing them from the line up because the figures were delayed and that was BEFORE the sub went on sale. As for Mattel's scarcity marketing, what does that have to do with Jaga and Grune? I did state Matty used scarcity marketing because it was true.

Brian Flynn from Super7 stated it. I don't care whether or not you believe what he said, the point is it came from an official source and not some fan theory.

Which makes no sense because subscription quota is locked in and made to order and didn't effect the sales day quota. Had some resellers NOT subbed there would be less secondary market stock AND less day of sales stock since day of sales stock was a percentage of overall subscription sales.

I did do that to get price per figure down as I used DHL for shipping 3 single ship subs when I only needed 2 for myself (not that it's any of your business) and I've never hid the fact that I bought a couple of extra monthly subs during sign up and would later sell those figures.

Figures don't cost $27 each! lol. The figures were $25 + shipping + customs and then of course shipping to the buyer. Then you deduct 10% for eBay fees. Folks know my user id on here, he-man.org and eBay and I have nothing to hide. Myself and other members supported the Matty sub in good faith and all you could do was criticise it at every opportunity. Even to the point of twisting facts. Now you resort to a personal attack which is against the forum rules.

7. Berserker

Berserker Glass Walker

Just to clarify for you or Catgurl. I am not talking about the Mega Scale figures. I'm speaking on 1/12 scale figures. There was talk by Mezco that they would look to make 6" Thundercats figures as part of their ONE12 line. I was pointing out that it would be a huge jump in price because that line, while super detailed, costs about $60 to $80 per figures. The large scale figures are great. I don't like the Lion-O much but the others are cool. I wouldn't even think to compare those figures to the Mattel line. They are more like vinyl statues.

8. blackiecats

Calling me a 'scalper' is an insulting term and to me a personal attack.

9. blackiecats

You just can't help yourself can you? You obviously can't disagree with someone's point and explain why with a counter point other than attacking them personally. Rather than criticising resellers in general you decided to attack me personally because I called you out on your rant against the Matty subs and the fact you think Super7's set up is better (when in fact it's worse for cherry pickers) and the untruths you posted.

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I stated some facts but like you I stated opinions which like yours some will class those points as either true or untrue. and some will agree with them and some will not. I would hardly call what I posted a rant or a personal attack but regardless I have no interest in arguing with you over it so I will delete and edit said posts.

Ever since Mattel got involved with Thundercats any thread that started talking about the figures usually ends with fans taking offence at any criticism made towards Mattel etc. and just causing arguments. I think it's time to just stick to the other threads on the forum.

11. blackiecats

I'm no fan of Mattel after what they did with the ThunderCats line and I've been very vocal about the MOTUC qc last year and the fact I sent nearly every figure back for replacement. Luckily with ThunderCats I didn't have the same problems. What you stated seemed like a matter of fact rather than opinion to me which is why I called you out on it. Even above you can't make up your mind whether they were facts or opinions?

The only thing I take offence at is being called out personally on selling items I pre-ordered at the same time everyone else had equal opportunity to do the same. We were debating the Super7 set up of selling the new figures and how it would effect the secondary market. Calling me a scalper wasn't called for. If you can't counter my points based on what I posted instead of my actions outside of this site then posting elsewhere probably is a good idea.

12. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Admin Warning!
    Dear friends, I would like to reiterate that calling other members names like "scalpers" or abusing them or insulting them is not allowed on these forums. It is ok to disagree with someone, have differing opinions, criticize a product, but it should all be done without resorting to name-calling other members. We encourage discussions but not fights, and stern actions will be taken against those who continue to disregard the rules.

And since it seems that all those interested in voting in this poll have already voted, I am locking this thread to prevent any further arguments.

balgus82 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.