Possible Super 7 ThunderCats line

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The All American

The All American Active Member

I agree with you on that.
    I believe Brian Flynn said they wanted to use the same factory so customers would get the same plastic/type of figure. But considering how bad the last few years of MattyCollector quality control was, I'm glad they're going with their own factory going forward.

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have heard that. Maybe they will re-issue the Ultimates made by their factory without the issues and corrected colours etc. Maybe then I will buy some of them.

It will be interesting to see how Brian Flynn and Super7 address the fans' complaints with the Ultimate Editions.
    Lets hope he handles it better than the Thundercats announcement.
    I think the MOTUC fans will be expecting more than a brief explanation in the middle of a video while he jokes and sings and dances and talks about their other toy lines.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  3. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Anyone see Pixel Dan's podcast on the Thundercats line?

ThunderCats Classics Figures Officially Cancelled…:

:panthro

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I certainly did. I could tell even they were disappointed that a Super7 ThunderCats line wasn't happening.

5. The All American

It's just him catching up on the story from a few weeks ago.

6. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

Anything that gets the word out on this is good though, we need people mobilized and reacting. Continue to hound WB.

The All American likes this.
  7. The All American

I'm with you on that. I see new posts, especially on Twitter, where people mention they just contacted WB. A few fans expressing themselves may be white noise, but a continuous barrage from many has a better chance of getting their attention.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's a pity when the people contact WB they couldn't mention to stop giving their licences to Mattel. I really hope when Young Justice season three comes out DC Collectibles just make the figures.

9. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I think we all have a better chance asking WB to do a new SilverHawks line by giving it to NECA!
    :panthro:liono

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

NECA make incredible toys and I am sure they could do a good job on Silverhawks but I don't think WB have any interest in Silverhawks. It was less successful and not as well known as Thundercats and look how much WB have in Thundercats. Personally I have no interest in Silverhawks. I didn't grow up with it and only seen the show over a year ago. Overall I just found the concept a bizarre mix of too many influences and the very boring.

11. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

NECA does a lot of small lines and it wouldn't hurt to see what they have in SilverHawks! A lot of fans would appreciate the brand still! I already contacted NECA on Twitter, so if more folks follow it would hopefully get something started!

I almost guarantee SilverHawks would sell out at Toys R Us! :liono:panthro

12. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

!!!!!!!!!

13. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

SilverHawks would be cool, but so would ThunderCats yes? NECA can make ThunderCats and we would all be very happy, assuming we don't have to buy the same figures again just to be told they aren't continuing.

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That's the main thing. It doesn't really matter who makes them as long as they make the main season one cast of heroes, Mumm-Ra and at the very least four mutants.
    I don't know T-Cat, personally I really doubt it. The concept design of the heroes were kind of cool but that's about it. Maybe SilverHawks was a lot more popular in the USA than here but in the UK it isn't very well known.

15. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

16. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

Seriously? Mattel NEVER said no to 4 Horsemen. Had nothing to do with Mattel. Why even bother with that tweet?

17. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ugh! Come on WB!

18. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

And we see the root problem. Giant, out of touch corporation, sitting on assets until it has nothing left.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  19. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

So Powercon has come and gone. And the only TC news from Super 7 was that they couldn't talk about it at this stage. Now call me optimistic, but that's NOT a big fat in your face "NO". That's a "we're still talking about it", right? Apart from Joe's awesome customs, that was about it TC related right? Unless anybody else saw something or heard something? I'm praying real hard WB and S7 get to close the deal in the next year. We'll probably have to wait for Toyfair next to hear something. Here's hoping.

20. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

It's certainly not a hard "no" but I don't sense a lot of optimism surrounding this anymore. At this point I'm assuming nothing will come out anytime soon to avoid getting my hopes up again.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.