Possible Super 7 ThunderCats line

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The All American

The All American Junior Member

I truly don't like waiting either, but I remain optimistic. Warner Brothers got the message.;)

Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Totally. :)

The All American likes this.
  3. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I'm thinking WB has a bigger plan for the cats! Especially if fans swayed their opinion on whether to jumpstart the Super7 line!

IMO they should strike a deal with Netflix or Amazon Prime on a new series! With this in place a new toy company can do the new style figures and Super 7 can do the classic figures!

:panthro

4. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

Keep being active though. We can't wait and see, we need to keep pushing. I am emailing WB again today.

The All American and Daremonger like this.
  5. Daremonger

Awesome!!!

The All American likes this.
  6. Serval

Serval Crabman

Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu is WB's best bet right now. There are far less popular shows than TC that are taking off on Netflix. Netflix is like a magnifying glass for new or revived properties. If Voltron can do it, you better believe that the Thundercats can return!:cheetara:tygra

Daremonger and adssse like this.
  7. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Exactly!! I don't wanna get too far off topic but, I saw new "Troll Hunters" 6" action figures/plush toys by Funko at Target today and they look amazing! (My favorite show btw next to Voltron).

Also Netflix is premiering "Stretch Armstrong" series, a show nobody really asked for lol!

I imagine WB is taking notes!:panthro

Daremonger likes this.
  8. Daremonger

Netflix would be the perfect choice to revive ThunderCats.

Sebastiaan and T-Cat like this.
  9. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Anyone heard Amazon Prime dropped ThunderCats in June? Interesting...

Daremonger likes this.
  10. Daremonger

I've noticed that.

T-Cat likes this.
  11. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

So there was no news from PowerCon, but I didn't really expect anything from S7. Do you think we'll hear anything at NYCC? Or is it still too soon? Perhaps only at ToyFair in Feb?

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It would be kind of cool in one way but personally I am still hoping another company steps into make Thundercats toys vastly superior to what Mattel produced.

13. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Do you have a toy company in mind?

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Said it before, Hasbro, Diamond Select, DC Collectibles, NECA, Playmates even Bandai US...pretty much any company other than Mattel / Super 7 or any company stuck having to make inaccurate out of scale figures on the dated MOTUC buck bodies.

15. Sebastiaan

Yeah, we know you don't like the MOTUC buck :tongue
    To be honest at this point in time I'm beginning to mix and match my Matty figs with others to get a more complete collection, so if S7 don't get the license (again!) and somebody else starts making the odd figure here and there, that seems to be the future of having official toy merchandise, albeit not from the same toy company.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

LOL. It's not that I don't like the MOTUC buck bodies...they are fine for MOTU characters. But they don't work very well for Thundercats. The vast majority of MOTU characters were very similar in build and height in the cartoon...just like the vintage toyline which re-used parts for every figure. Thundercats characters all had unique heights and builds compared to each other. Just like the vintage LJN line which created each figure with unique sculpts.
    I want accurate Thundercats toys. I don't want a Pumyra towering over everyone or a super buff Jackalman or a Lion' O the same height as Panthro etc.

ThunderECH likes this.
  17. plexxrock

plexxrock New Member

Someone had asked Super 7 @ NYCC and been told they were 'hopeful' for 2018 but nothing set in stone.

Sebastiaan and The All American like this.
  18. Serval

Serval Crabman

The TC brand is gaining visibility with Mezco, Action Vinyls and Loyal Subjects. There's also a movie in the horizon (and, I would imagine a complete animated reboot is probably underway, as well...). It's only a matter of time before we have the core team in toy form. Because the license is active and there's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, we might see confirmation a little bit later than expected. With any successful re-launch, the companies involved will have to evaluate the best marketing angle for maximizing revenues.

In the meantime, I hope there are some more unofficial series 1.5 products (e.g. Joe Amaro's Berbils and Mumm-Ra sarcophagus). It would be cool if someone (Joe Amaro?) could 3D print an authentic looking Snarf, Snarfer, Ma-mutt or snow meow.

19. Sebastiaan

OH wow fantastic, I've been scouring the web looking for any hint of news from NYCC and that's really great to read. When there was nothing I thought no-one had asked S7 about it, but this is great. Hopeful is still not a NO in my books. And I was also expecting them to announce it in 2018 only - either Toy Fair in Feb (which may be too early) or SDCC in July to get a proper platform to do it at. That would mean though we'd only see the figs in 2019, but that is ok with me. As long as there is light at the end of the tunnel, I will wait.

20. Sebastiaan

You've mirrored what i posted earlier about the TC brand getting a lot of visibility lately. I'm thrilled. I do hope the movie gets made one day, very much like the MOTU movie that, even though it has a release date, still hasn't made movement publicly. I won't mind another cartoon. Heck, if She-Ra can get one (and believe me, I'm a HUGE She-Ra fan), TC should also. It sort of makes sense that WB said that there is a lot of exciting things coming and I believe that these new products are merely the beginning.
    Regarding JA's awesome products, I would love for him to make more. I missed out the sale but hope he will do repeat orders again. His Berbils and Sarcophagus are amazing!

Serval likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.