Possible Super 7 ThunderCats line

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't think WB really care how the line preforms as long as they get paid for it. Over the last several years just look at how many successful Thundercats licences they greenlighted. They only one that succeeded in making the main cast and some supporting characters was Diamond Selects Mini Mates.

2. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Laser Beast

I need this line to continue, and at some point I need a Thundertank. Yesssssss

Sebastiaan likes this.
  3. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Crabman

I could see the first wave being something like Jaga, Grune, Vultureman and maybe Cheetara or Tygra. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Pumm-ra be an exclusive. That way it's not necessarily a must have for casual collectors, but would be something many die-hards would want.

Serval likes this.
  4. Serval

Serval Crabman

You make a good point. Although not ideal, they will probably withhold either Tygra or Cheetara and extend it over third wave.

I think the second wave will look something like this:

Jaga + Grune
    Cheetara
    Slithe or Vultureman
    Deluxe Mumm-Ra or Bengali
    + SDCC exclusive

Sebastiaan likes this.
  5. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Laser Beast

Cheetara is by far my number one want. She is the only one of the main cast that hasn't gotten some kind of Classics action figure representation over the past few years. My number two is Vultureman.

There are so many ways they can go with exclusives for this line too. I like the Pumm-Ra idea, I also like the idea of things like clear blue Jaga. I didn't really like the kittens being an exclusive unless that was absolutely the only way we could ever get them.

I think if we see things like Mongor or Mandora etc show up in the next wave that would indicate they see this line really lasting awhile. So something to watch for assuming it moves forward.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  6. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

That's right.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

I don't see it mentioned anywhere - but consider this: The RGD was recorded on Jan 4th with Brian Flynn. He specifically said that he had a meeting with WB and gave them a proposal and that things were looking good for them acquiring the license (obviously still with certain things to be done in terms of them getting the license). Now the RGD was released yesterday (or the day before depending on timezones) and that was the 25th. What nobody seems to ask is - what has happened between the 4th of Jan and now? Has there been another meeting with WB? If not, is there another one scheduled and when? Obviously I doubt that Brian will say "Hey guys, meeting went well last week, we've got a follow up scheduled for Feb" so as to avoid everybody hammering them with an answer on the outcome. But it's just something to think about. Has anything happened in the meantime? I'm sure if it was a negative outcome, we would have been told right after the RGD. It does seem like S7 take their licensing very seriously, and as per She-Ra, he wants it in writing before he can continue it putting out figures. Let's hope that they've received something in the meantime and that we can have a further update at Toyfair.

adssse likes this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If they do secure the licence they might just wait and show the prototypes as a nice surprise at Toy Fair. :D

Berserker and Sebastiaan like this.
  9. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Laser Beast

Yeah, I would say we are probably waiting until Toy Fair. If something isn't revealed by then I think that may not be a great sign, but without negative confirmation there might be hope that it is just the process working itself out.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  10. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Crabman

I would love to see something at Toyfair, but I have a feeling that we may be looking at SDCC at the very soonest. If we don't hear anything much around that time, then it's probably time to worry. It seems as though things are going pretty well so far, so hopefully we'll get the good news sooner than later!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  11. Sebastiaan

Agreed, if Toyfair only gives us a hint of "we're still trying" we should expect a final answer at least at SDCC. Since it was announced last year that they'll do MOTUC it was mentioned that She-Ra wasn't finalized, so I guess that since Brian now said it's almost done, that it does take a few months before it's finalized. Here's hoping! I won't mind waiting for SDCC anyway.

Mark M likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Considering the underwhelming presence of Thundercats at last years Toy Fair and SDCC I doubt it will really make much difference. If they show any Thundercats stuff it will be a nice surprise. If the licence is sorted by then maybe they will have some prototypes on show since 4Horsemen already have work on other characters done.

13. Berserker

Berserker Glass Walker

In the interview Brian Flynn joked about how much he is asked about the future of Thundercats. If they are unable to get the license, I would think we will hear about it pretty quickly. So I'd take no news as still working on it. It will would be cool to hear something at Toy Fair though. So fingers crossed

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Regardless of my of my feelings of the MOTUC buck and MattyCollector even with how badly the Thundercats subscription was handled it proved there is still love for the franchise and a big demand for figures. Since no other company is stepping up to take the chance it would be crazy for Super 7 not to pursue the licence.
    If only Super 7 could get the prototypes of the unreleased Bravestarr series 2 figures and release them. :rolleyes: :D

Sebastiaan likes this.
  15. Thunderpants

Thunderpants Junior Member

[​IMG]

Licensing takes time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sebastiaan likes this.
  16. Sebastiaan

We all know how much you love Bravestarr's absent figures - just as much as I love wave 3 of TC's Bandai figures :) But what I love more is that missing Jaga and Grune that was confirmed before lol. I do think though that Super 7 will handle the TC license with dignity and we'll have years of joy from their respective releases.

Mark M likes this.
  17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I do love Bravestarr.:D The series two figures would have been great. I wish they had also done a series three with Vypra, Shaman, Hogtie, Stampede and Djingles Morgan etc.
    Same with Galaxy Rangers unreleased second series.
    As for how Super 7 handles Thundercats we will have to wait and see. I recall similar things being said for how Mattel would handle the licence. ;)

Sebastiaan likes this.
  18. Sebastiaan

A very interesting video popped up on You Tube a few days ago courtesy of TNI. In their broadcast there is mention of S7's possible toyline of TC. According to the guy he said that the impression he got was that they were 99% there with acquiring the licence. Here's the clip. It's at the 3min mark just after TMNT.

19. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Laser Beast

We all hope it is true. I really feel they will do great things with it and Warner Bros. should be excited to work with them. I would be happy to hear an announcement before SDCC if we can.

20. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Let's keep the positive vibes coming. I am really hopeful that they get the license and do the franchise justice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.