Possible Super 7 ThunderCats line

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I really do wanna see Super 7's take on ThunderCats.

2. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

I am beyond thrilled SUPER 7 is pursuing the TC license and close to finalizing...I have no doubt they can do a lot with that license...be awesome if theyd continue the line of classics all the way to those never produced figures that have been mentioned already on theses forums (lunatacs, ratilla etc) and those very obscure characters such as ZAXX or Demolisher....I wold be drooling if they tacled the vintage toys and did an update they way they are doing with 5.5 MOTU filmation accurate.

Daremonger likes this.
  3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I completely agree! I would be over the moon to get more of the unproduced characters that I am so fond of but for now I will settle for them making sure they complete all the core characters.

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I believe that they'd complete the main characters first.

5. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

I think the nice thing about the TC line up is that the outstanding core cast can be completed in 3 years if they only release 8 a year. So S7 will have a great opportunity to "drag out" the TC figures and still have constant interest from buyers. For example:

Wave 1 (as per that poll's outcome the other day)
    Cheetara
    Monkian
    Grune
    Jaga

Wave 2
    Bengali
    Vultureman
    Mumm-Ra the Ever Living
    Lynx-O

Wave 3
    Tygra
    Slithe
    Ratar-O
    Snarf & Mamutt

Wave 4
    Chilla
    Willa / Nayda
    Red Eye
    Jagara

Wave 5
    Pumm-Ra
    Alluro
    Luna & Amok
    Claudus

Wave 6
    Mandora
    Tug-Mug
    Snarfer & Young Lion-O
    Berbils 3 pack

I know some of these may be released as exclusives, and chase figures. I mean, they can do a Ratilla based on the Ratar-O buck, they can do a young Jaga and ThunderCat Grune version as a 2 pack. Even Luna & Amok can be a 2pack. I think that after these figures (and yes, I know there may be more wanted figures) they can still have a good following in a few years' time. I would be in 7th heaven if they released these figures above. See even if they end with Wave 3, we'll have all we ever wanted from the core lot. Wave 4 onwards might be the highly sought after figures. Who doesn't want a young Lion-O from Exodus? I always wanted one as a kid. Anyway, one can dream.

Super 7 hear our calls. Here's the perfect wish list / want list.

catgurl and Daremonger like this.
  6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would be thrilled with that. Normally I am pretty frugal but I would save up and purchase every one of those figures! In reality I would probably buy any Thundercats figures they decided to release however minor they might be!

7. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Laser Beast

I don't think those later waves could be successful without some main characters slipped in. I guess we'll see what approach they take, but if it was my line, I would figure a cut off for characters somehow, then plan out the line by year, sprinkling heavy hitters throughout. Then I would watch sales and make adjustments from there.

Sebastiaan and catgurl like this.
  8. catgurl

catgurl Moleman

That's a nice line-up of the characters. Pretty much all the popular ones (big or small) are there.

But I agree with what Cheetoro says. It will be tough to sell the later waves with just secondary characters in them. Some of the main characters from the first waves should be saved for later waves, if the line lasts that long.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  9. Serval

Serval Crabman

They should focus on completing the core cast first. They could always re-release variants of Lion-O (Red Lion-O, 2011 edition, Filmation etc.), Jaga (standard, invisible), Claudus etc. later on if the line starts running out of mains.

10. Sebastiaan

I hear what you're saying guys. And I agree with both arguments. If S7 wants to have a long lasting line, they could dilute the core figures even more. However, if S7 wants to test the waters first, they may just release the core characters and then see how it goes. There are so many unhappiness and praise at the same time for the current MOTU Classics line up. And this is many years into the line up where the core characters have already been released multiple times in various forms. I still think it will be a success for MOTUC though as there is still a market for it.

Personally I would like to see them release it in the above line up because that means the main guys are out first in the first 3 waves, and then the next 3 would be the sought after (my personal favourites) ones. Thereafter anything goes in my book. In the end it comes down to what they decide, either way, I really don't mind if they do it another way than what I suggested, my biggest wish is that if they do so that they at least complete the core line up. I won't mind buying for the next 4 - 5 years, but as long as they're committed to release those core characters, I'll be happy. I don't want to sit with the Lunataks (as much as I love them) and not have Tygra or Lynx-O!

adssse likes this.
  11. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

I noticed that not all the action figure that was produced under JLN have not made the list. Like Snowman. I always loved the Snowman Action Figure.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya I like him as well. It would be very nice if he would come with Snowmeow!

Chase W and Sebastiaan like this.
  13. Sebastiaan

Oh yes, there are still countless others that I'd love to include. Apart from the ones listed above, there are still sooooo many other LJN figures that can be made as well as countless others that never made it to figure form. In short - S7 can have a field day with the TC line. I'm sure we'd all LOVE a Driller, Stinger and Mad Bubbler. My only worry is, as Mark M has mentioned it before, is that because these characters are very different in body style, that they might require more new tooling than just using the MOTUC buck. I'm sure there is a clever way to let it work, but it might cost them more, and us, the fans, too! I don't mind though paying for quality. Here's hoping S7 will handle the QC issues much better. Only 4 months and a few days till SDCC and the possible announcement of the new TC line up!!! (Fingers crossed)

Mark M likes this.
  14. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

That would be a great two pack.

Sebastiaan and adssse like this.
  15. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Laser Beast

Well and obviously they could probably use the Battle Cat sculpt for Snowmeow. I definitely like the snowman as well and his knight themed attire.

16. Sebastiaan

That's very true. In fact, I think I saw a custom one day of a Snowmeow that looked like it could've been Battle Cat. Or maybe it was another cat from another toyline. Eitherway, they have the "cat" body ready, and if they make a "Catra" cat-form for the Filmation MOTUC line, then that would be even better for the possible creation of Snowmeow. I'd love him in my collection too. It was so sad that the miniature line had him as a 2pack with Snow Man but he never got a standard size version. Here's hoping guys.

adssse and Mark M like this.
  17. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Laser Beast

The miniature line was pretty damn cool and is a big reason I think we'll see ReAction figures - they make so much sense given the history of ThunderCats.

Sebastiaan and adssse like this.
  18. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would really like to see a reaction line in addition to the existing line. I like that it is a lower cost alternative that I can buy multiples of so my kids can play with them too!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  19. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Where does the 2011 versions fit into this? Will they fuse certain things or is the 2011 universe completely dead? By the way, I've heard only bad things in reviews for classics lion-o and pumyra.

adssse likes this.
  20. Sebastiaan

I think a lot of the 2011-fans would also like to know where it stands in terms of the TC license. Judging by the first 7 figures of the line, I'd say that their references are purely the vintage style guide. There aren't any references in the looks of the figures that would refer to the 2011 line. The only item that "could" perhaps refer to that line is the one weapon that Pumyra came with, but there is a slight chance it was in the original cartoon. I don't recall seeing it in either? There were however a drawn image of Pumyra coming with her 2011 crossbow, which seemed like a great idea at the time, but I think that was scraped for some reason. Perhaps Mattel had planned to also eventually release a 2011 line-up since that is the ONLY place they could've seen that specific weapon. Another thing to take in account is that the bios (especially kit and kat's) have info of the 2011 story as part of their bio. Which is a real mish-mash of both backgrounds.

I would love to also see a 2011 line-up in the long run. But I would much prefer to have these figures released in a separate sub, much like the "Filmation" lineup is of the Classics line. I would personally consider the current lineup the "Filmation" look (aka Rankin Bass!) as these figures are cartoon accurate. I guess since MOTU Classics included 200x figures as part of the Classics line, I'm sure that the 2011 figures can be part of their own wave. Who wouldn't love a Dobo? Or Emerick? I also think that the 2011 lineup lends itself more to be more robust than the original. If you compare that Monkian to Addicus, it would work well figure wise if for example you compare the Filmation Beastman to his Classics Counterpart. Right? I would love to see the 2011 lineup in a robust style - classicized as some put it.

The only negative reviews of Lion-O were based on his clawshield that didn't fit the small sword (total rubbish as mine fits perfectly!) but also that the second clawshield (the one that fit to his body) had the small sword as part of the shield and the "loose" clawshield had no way of attaching itself to his body. Other complained he was too short.
    Pumyra on the other hand is a tad too tall. Her neck is probably the one problem as it is a bit too long, but that's about the only issue with Pumyra.
    There really are just a few issues about scale that are justified, but you can overlook it if you want to.
    Out of everything my biggest gripe is Wilykat's wrong coloured sleeve! I can live with a tall Pumyra, but that sleeve is just wrong. And the bios. Don't get me started! :)

adssse likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.