Possible Super 7 ThunderCats line

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys (2016 -)' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Mutant

You've brought up a valid point, and with Bengali's question about the 2011 lineup, it has me thinking that the actual TC licence is way more difficult than we think, since there are countless possibilities that could tie in with what S7 does. They could potentially to the following lines:
    The current Classics lineup
    A 2011 line up
    A reaction figures lineup
    And even an LJN continuation!!!
    Not to mention all the other items that they could make like glasses, greyscale reaction figures, t-shirts, and heck - even a short cartoon!!!
    So there is an endless range of opportunities out there. I'd love for them to do them all, but I'll wait patiently while they get things off the ground first. The future is bright - we gotta wear shades...

adssse likes this.
  2. krazycp

krazycp Junior Member

I am trying to be patient, but I'm just ready for Super 7 to make an announcement. Do we have to wait until SDCC to hear anything at this point? In January they said an announcement was coming soon. How soon?

I do feel very confident the line is continuing at this point, but I'm just ready to hear something.

adssse likes this.
  3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am eagerly awaiting an announcement also, but don't expect much until the con. I honestly am jus as curious on if they have any plans beyond the current line Mattel started. I would really like to see at least the core characters in the Reaction and Muscle lines!

4. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Active Member

It's such a tease what we've gotten so far, so of course we are dying to know. I hope they understand that they can tell us YES and still make the big reveal of what's next at SDCC.

5. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

There's just so much Super 7 could do with the license. :)

6. Booyah!

Booyah! Moleman

It would be cool if they would do a reissue of the first seven. I missed out for several reasons last year and I'm debating whether to pick up a set somewhere but not particularly thrilled about paying the after market price. Reissuing could help get people in on the ground level plus maybe fix a few of the paint apps and QC issues some of you have mentioned.

Beyond the Classics, a ReAction line is a must have! I would bathe naked in one if made lol Especially if we get the same kind of artwork as the MOTU one. If you check out the SDCC 2016 interview that pixledan does with Brian of super7, start watching around the 2:12 mark up until almost 4:00 Mark he alludes to a ReAction line being planned for Thundercats before Mattel ended up getting the license. It's possible there's already prototypes laying around.

How would you guys feel about a vintage style line similar to the one for MOTU/POP shown at Toyfair? The She-Ra body could be used for the Female Thundercats, the He-Man buck could probably be fine for Panthro, ect. With likenesses sculpted to match the cartoon since the LJN figures were never really spot on to the characters in the show.

7. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'd enjoy a vintage-style ThunderCats line!

8. Thunderpants

Thunderpants Junior Member

I certainly would not buy an inferior version of the figures. I'm only interested in the most articulated, detailed, and varied line that I can buy. I've always been a fan of Thundercats, but not the nostalgia part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Active Member

I guess I get the appeal of more figures in the vintage style if you have a large vintage collection that you want to add to, or supplement with fresher versions. But I don't have a vintage collection and thus also just want new stuff done as good as it can be done with today's technology and market.

Serval likes this.
  10. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

I will definitely support a vintage line as well. The MOTU they showed at Toyfair looks amazing. We could get figures that were never made with the LNJ line. I am all in for TC. I am considering getting those MOTU ones. All depending when it will be up for pre-order. As long as it is not with the Filmation line. Then it would be too expensive.

I agree with everyone. The wait for news is dreadful. They can say yes or no and then keep us in suspense who they are making like some has suggested. I do think that this will be good news though. Why keep us all in suspense this long just to say no.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  11. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

IDK if everyone get the email update from Super7 like did. But Brian Flynn of Super7 did a update of the MOTU line. I was hoping that he would say something about Thundercats, sadly he did not, but I think we might want to keep a eye on this space as this might be where they do deliver news about Thundercats. I think its cool that the manufacture is setting up a video blog via Youtube.

This is the link below if you want to check it out.

We know you have questions about everything going on with Masters of the Universe and the new Super7 Supercast is here to give you answers! In this first episode, Super7's head honcho Brian Flynn tells you what's going on, what's being planned, and what Super7 is doing with MOTU including: MOTU Ultimates Figures Update, MOTU Filmation 5.5" Wave 1 Figures Status, Powercon 2017, Temple of Darkness Sorceress 3.75" Figure, Upcoming MOTU ReAction 3.75" Figures Wave 3 and MUSCLE Wave 2!

The Super7 Supercast will be a new way to help keep you informed about what's going on with Super7 and MOTU. Thank you and stay tuned for more updates soon!

By the Power of Grayskull!
    Team Super7

Sebastiaan likes this.
  12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be subscribing.

Sebastiaan and Chase W like this.
  13. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

It's just nice that there is a comment on this forum today. I log on every day and there has been no new posts for nearly 2 weeks...Just hurry up and announce something super 7 so we can get back to talking about T.cats on this forum :)

Sebastiaan likes this.
  14. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

LOL Right, I was sad that no one was posting either. This wait is the worst. I have faith that S7 will come though for us

Sebastiaan likes this.
  15. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Mutant

Same here - I check in daily to see if there is any activity but don't necessarily sign in. Only when there's something to respond to do I also sign in and comment. With the silence on the licensing front, there really isn't any news out there anymore. The only REAL NEWS is that Brian Flynn posted on he-man.org that there is no update yet on the TC license. So that's basically it. We're still stuck with more waiting until SDCC when there will apparently be news. HOWEVER, that's not been confirmed anywhere in writing by S7 themselves, so we're all going on by what TNI shared.
    With the news about select molds damaged / lost of the Ultimates, I'm sure that S7 want to get that out of the way first and have the figures shipped before they continue with anything else. It sounded that way to me when Brian said that they can let us pay for Wave 1 of CC and Filmation now, but he'd rather deal with the Ultimates first and finish that before continuing. Also, he mentioned those are very early prototypes we all saw. Not sure if there will be any changes to any of them. So keeping all of that in mind, I think the excitement that there may be figures shown at SDCC for TC if they had the license may be subdued because the only figures we may see could be the prototypes that are already done by 4H of Jaga/Grune (and this is only assuming that there are prototypes done and that they weren't just names used to fill the slots that were being planned). I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with MOTUC before TC can be a possibility. On the one hand I'm happy that MOTUC is kinda like the intro to S7 and that it will be their first attempts at these figures, so when they get to TC the foundation would have been laid and we'll be sure to get figures out faster and easier. Only three more months until July, and a lot can happen in between.

Chase W likes this.
  16. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Active Member

Yep, I come here daily as well. For ThunderCats fans, the wait is excruciating. We just don't get a lot of opportunities and we have had two starts and stops so far. We just want what it feels like all the other brands are getting - some respect.

17. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

I feel what your putting down. I am happy that we get some love but I wish we could get more. Thundercats will never be TMNT or He-Man but we are doing better then some other 80's era Shows/Cartoons Silverhawks, Bionic Six and other show that had a show with a action figure line but seem to be forgot these days in terms of merchandise

18. krazycp

krazycp Junior Member

Still nothing... man this is getting frustrating

Sebastiaan likes this.
  19. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

I could not agree more. But I think at this point I don't see any news on the horizon till San Diego comic Con. So I think we just going to have to hold our breath till then.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  20. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Mutant

It's less than 3 months now until SDCC, which is from 20 - 23 July. During that sneak peek we had back when Mattel announced their line, it was revealed by TNI or some website the day during the previews, but the full report came on their presentation. I'm not sure if S7 will follow the same route by letting anything be seen on the preview date as with this past Toy Fair for their Filmation line up. I think if they will post a picture of their stand, what we may see is the TC logo and empty spaces for possible figures to be displayed (like Jaga and Grune). If there is nothing on preview day, we can either expect an announcement at least to say they've got it and will showcase it at Toy Fair 2018. Or we'll be lucky and see something, but at the rate they're going in getting their house together (gotta give them points for doing that!) I am beginning to doubt that we'll see anything. July is do or die for ThunderCats since Brain mentioned he'll have news then. Don't forget, they'll also likely reveal their wave 2 of Classics and Filmation figures at SDCC, but then again, who knows as their Ultimates aren't out yet and preorders haven't begun. A lot can happen in 3 months though.

Chase W likes this.