Possible Super 7 ThunderCats line

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Laser Beast

If this doesn't happen it really is going to be one of the all-time let downs in the history of fandoms.

2. Serval

Serval Crabman

Remember no news is not always an indication of future positive outcome.
    There was a long period of silence before Bandai publicly announced that they were retiring the line.
    I am going to state the obvious:
    No news = Negative outcome
    or
    No news = Positive outcome

3. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

Did you guys see the new S7 supercast? I bet ya they deliberately added that ThunderCats portion!!!

Chase W likes this.
  4. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

yeah....not sure how to take that. I'm assuming it was just a play on questions they get asked, not actually about the fate of Thundercats.

5. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

LOL you beat me to posting that. Just go the email and lost my shit when I saw the thundercats text up on the screen on the video. I think if its in the video its a teaser and things are looking good for us.

6. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Laser Beast

Gaahhh I just want to know!

7. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

We all do LOL

8. krazycp

krazycp Active Member

Super7 just put out their second YouTube video. Thundercats is not mentioned at all, although when Brian Flynn says "what is our most asked question" some text pops up saying "are you making Thundercats?" but then he instead talks about ordering more MOTUC. Don't quote me on any of this though.

So, not mentioned, but it was mentioned. I guess they haven't said no yet.

9. KosmoKat

KosmoKat Junior Member

Can't wait for an official annoncement on this!

10. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

11. krazycp

krazycp Active Member

SDCC should be the reveal. My guess is the deal is done, but Super 7 doesn't want to make an announcement without showing some prototypes.
    I bet we will see a 4 figure initial set.
    1. Grune (should have been in development)
    2. Jaga (should have been in development)
    3. Cheetara (Maybe Tygra as a backup)
    4. Monkian

I'd bet money on that lineup being what happens.

12. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

The reason Bandai didn't say anything about their line being canceled was because WB hadn't announced that the show was canceled. While there was the possibility the show would continue (even only a perceived possibility) people still would buy the toys. Announce the show ends, and no one wants the toys anymore.

Not being able to announce something because the deals aren't final (so they can't say for sure without the possibility that it'll fall through) or because of an NDA is a different matter. If there was no way they could get the license, there would be no reason to say they won't get the license, so right now I'm taking no news as hesitantly good news.

13. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yep, I have a good feeling about this fellas! I will be pretty disappointed if we don't hear something at SDCC.

Ianm1225 and Chase W like this.
  14. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Crabman

At this point, I will be really surprised if they don't end up with the license. Can't wait for SDCC!

The All American likes this.
  15. Serval

Serval Crabman

Wasn't the whole point of making the He-man X Thundercats line of comic books (and, scale parity for Thundercats and He-man figures) to reintroduce Thundercats? To give it more exposure? Why stop now, right? I would imagine that Super 7 members are even bigger Thundercats fans than many of us. I think they will do everything in their power to make it happen.

16. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

Unless we hear otherwise, it seems that the comic book crossover was just a big cash-grab while interest for Thundercats was still there in late 2016 when the Mattel line was ending.

17. Super7 definitely wants to do some ReAction ThunderCats, so the license will happen as long as no one else scoops it up. And if they do ReAction, I'm sure Classics will continue. Given Mattel had strong subscription sales with ThunderCats, Super7 should make a good return with so many great and essential characters left.

Ianm1225 likes this.
  18. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

never heard about a reaction Thundercats line. where did you get your info?

19. Here's a Pixel Dan video at about 2:10 - 3:40 where he talks about wanting the license. Super7 was interested in ThunderCats even before Mattel got the license. Pixel Dan prods him about the Kenner style/ReAction, and Brian Flynn's response is very encouraging:

So there are multiple reasons Super7 would like the ThunderCats license. Fingers crossed!

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  20. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would buy into a ReAction line!

The All American likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.