Possible Super 7 ThunderCats line

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

I dont think it was bad. Business is business and there is no reason for him to put a heart felt message in it or dwell on it. They cant get the license, so no need to spend more time on it and clearly they got bombarded all the time with the Thundercats question.

dont get me wrong, I am extremely disappointed, but it is what it is. Maybe I'm used to having all things Thundercats cancelled early or I just take things in stride. guess we'll just have to see what comes next!

btw, Loyal subjects is supposed to release Thundercats this year, so thats exciting. They make some great figures, if you dont have any or havnt seen them.

2. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

I wondered about this myself. It seems odd that things could be going so well with the license, then suddenly - sorry we can't get it now!

Mark M likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It looks like Loyal Subjects and Mezco will be the only companies representing Thundercats at SDCC this year. It would be nice WB had something planned they could announce soon.
    It seems very unlikely WB have suddenly came up with something new for Thundercats or another company has stepped in wanting to make Classics figures.

4. Serval

Serval Crabman

They could have avoided this kerfuffle by giving a 1-time license to use Tygra and Cheetara (as opposed to the entire TC brand), and then just call it a day. Or, release Tygra and Cheetara 2 pack set at SDCC. NECA bypassed issues by releasing their TMNT and Footclan set as SDCC exclusive!

Mark M likes this.
  5. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

This sucks.... My only hope now is that 4H/ Four Horsemen will put out the line. I don't think that will happen but who knows. Why is it so hard for us Thundercats fans to get a complete new line. I think S7 would of done great things if they got the license, Action figures, Mini Figures, Cups, T-Shirts. The only good news is I will be saving some money now that the line is not going on.
    :liono:panthro:cheetara:tygra:wilykit:wilykat:snarf

6. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

I think for those who said that they did not like the way that Super7 broke the new. Is sort of BS. They got rejected for a second time. I am sure all of us on this site have felt rejection in some from (Asking someone out, Job promotion etc) Super7 wanted to continue the line there are on our side. When Mettle was like peace Super7 was like we would love to pick up the line. But WB let us done not Super7.

7. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

It's a shame that there will be no more Thundercats Classic to continue the line that Mattel started.
    Probably in a few years somebody pick it up again and they release a total different figure line...

8. Serval

Serval Crabman

If they released Cheetara and Tygra, the set could have been potentially realized. Tygra could have been custom modded to create Bengali, and Panthro could have been custom modded to create Lynx-O. Now, there is no point!

There have been so many weaker lines that have been successfully revived. Surely, Thundercats had star power and the ingredients for a long-lived franchise. I'm annoyed by how this brand is constantly treated. Heck, even Thunderbirds are getting replica toys.

Mezco could potentially miniaturize their figures now, since there are no competitors for the 6 inch scale. I'm not a fan of the comic book inspired Lion-O, though.

Mark M likes this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

WB need to try different things with Thundercats to make its fan base bigger by making a new cartoon, animated movie or live action movie.
    That is how other brands like TMNT, Transformers, G.I. Joe and MLP etc have continued and had so much success.
    How ''successful'' MOTUC has been is highly debatable. Personally I wouldn't call a line successful that can't survive at retail or even really online if not for dedicated fans buying multiple of figures they don't really need or want just to keep the line going.
    I never wanted Thundercats to end up like MOTUC because that really isn't a good way for a brand to grow and create new fans.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  10. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

I put now all the marvels on Hasbro with their new re branding the 80's cartoons like MASK, Visionaries and others... As well as keeping with Super 7 on MOTUC...

I may Sell of my Mattel figures in a few months in just one big lot... I dislike the incomplete collection... I may return to Thundercats when another company get serious and produce them like it should be...

Mark M likes this.
  11. 13977

13977 Active Member

Very disappointing news. I suppose Super7 can try again in future years, we just need to keep showing our positive support for it. [​IMG]
    Though if they didn't give Super7 the license chances are they wouldn't have renewed it with Mattel either.

The All American likes this.
  12. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

I look forward to take pictures of my Mattel Thundercats (All Mattel releases) and put it on ebay during the weekend as a big lot...

13. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

I sold mine a while back when the line looked doomed :rolleyes .

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I hope you can at least get back near what you paid for them. Although after the mysterious finds of the large supplies of sold out figures in the Mattel warehouse it will be interesting to see what that does to sellers asking prices for MOTUC and Thundercats.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  15. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

I'm positive that I will get what I paid for it...

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

With the way Super7 seem to be handling MOTUC with the Ultimate Editions I think it was probably a good thing they didn't get the Thundercats licence.

17. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

I'm not sure what you mean. they were up front about cost, shipping times, ordering....They basically said these are made to order, and you probably wont get them for like 6 months.

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I was referring to the misleading advertising of having re-sealable packaging.
    There has been quite a lot of people claiming it's because of having to spend money re-tooling moulds etc. Not very professional. Super7 should have checked the moulds for the specific figures before showing prototypes and launching pre-orders for them.
    They even painted He-Man's hair light brown instead of blonde.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  19. The All American

The All American Active Member

I read they used MattyCollector's factory for Ultimates. And will now be using their own factory for all MOTUC items going forward. I think we can assume why Super7 is making the change.

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

With the various complaints of quality control from that factory it's strange Super7 used them in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.