ProtectoPak Storage/Display Case Review

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by techietaichi, Feb 24, 2014.

1. techietaichi

techietaichi Junior Member

Ok, so I received my order of a dozen "ProtectoPak's" a couple of days ago and today finally had some time to check it all out. Overall, I'm quite pleased with them now that they're in front of me, had the time to really scrutinize them, and seeing my figures in the display. At $2.74 a piece, I think that's fair, but if purchasing ProtectoPak's 90 piece offering(Item #70090), cost per item drops to right around $1.75 each. That of course makes it even more worth it. Anyways, this should be a really simple review, so let's begin.
    _____

We begin with how it's shipped. Mine was delivered UPS Ground, so naturally it wasn't banged up. The box is nice and sturdy so it's contents are safe and secure.

[​IMG]
    _____

Upon opening, the cases are neatly stacked with no type of protection between them. At first I thought that might be good idea, but after handling them for a bit, not necessary.

[​IMG]

_____

The cases are well constructed, very rigid and formed nicely. Just the way you'd want a storage case to be. I don't know what kind of plastic formulation they use, but it feels really strong. Measured, they come in at .5 mm thick.

[​IMG]

_____

As you can see, it fits the standard 4" line perfectly! It's nice and snug in there and looks really good. There's about 15mm of space between the top of the card to the top interior. Laying on it's back there's 3/4" of space and with the figure to one side you're looking at 9-10mm of space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

_____

The rear of the case is embossed with the company logo, "PROTECTO-PAK.COM", and just below, "U.S. Design Patent No. 420.905". It does interfere with some reading on the rear of the card, but all one has to do is to angle the case a tad to do so.

[​IMG]

The verdict: The ProtectoPak Storage/Display Case is definitely a good investment to protect your investment. Good looking and very well made, it will likely outlast you. At just under $3, it's a good value, but some may not share my view. That said, buying in bulk is the best value of all with each costing under $2. A link's been provided below for those interested.

_____

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ProtectoPak.com

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Thank you very much for the review. I am considering picking some of these up if I have a little extra cash in the future. They do look as though they fit pretty well.