PUMYRA and MUMM-RA arrival thread

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys (2016 -)' started by luketommo2, Nov 3, 2016.

1. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

Won't be long now as our subscriptions have been renewed and will they be posted together or separately?

2. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

It will be shipped together. I think it will be delayed as well.

3. Colton001

Colton001 Junior Member

I bet they will ship together. I'm very excited for these two. I hope they won't be delayed, but I know better.

4. jabus

jabus Vortex Explorer

Well since Lion-O and Jackalman both wound going out the following month of release around the 3rd I know its going to be a safe bet these guys will ship around the same time next Month.

5. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

6. Nitewing73

Nitewing73 Junior Member

Thanks for sharing the pics. I really hope a deal with Super 7 can be worked out.

Black Panthro likes this.
  7. Berserker

Berserker Glass Walker

The figures look great! Can't wait to get them for sure. Pumyra's artwork on the back of the box is pretty bad though. Not a big deal for me but it looks really weird.

8. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

That Mumm-Ra looks amazing. Even Pumyra looks fabulous. To me this is a killer line and of course the mezco line (but that is a discussion on another thread). I received my Lion-O a couple days ago and I am inpress with him. I really do hope S7 can continue with the line.

Still hate the packaging though.

9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Does anyone know who the artist is for the packaging?

I agree with others. The figures look outstanding! I have been waiting a long time for a new Pumyra figure and it appears to be worth the wait.

10. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

GIVE THEM ALL TO ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

11. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru

not sure but this is interesting.
    https://www.amazon.com/2012-ThunderCats-Wall-Calendar-Dream/dp/1423813235

Incase you dont see it, it is a calendar for 2012 (made in 2011) that has the Wily twins artwork on it....

12. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

Just imagine if super 7 now get the licence!
    If so I just hope they design the new figures like these matty collector ones or look like the original 80s figures in MOC style...that would be EPIC

13. balgus82

balgus82 Staff Artist - 2011 TC.org Staff

14. mumm_ra_n_rana

they that lazy?

15. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

The figures look cool but these bio's are getting worse, who the hell is writing them? The artwork for Pumyra looks like a kid did it.

thunderianroyalguard likes this.
  16. mumm_ra_n_rana

Mumm-Ra's art is pretty awesome but Pumyra looks horrible. Poor Pumyra. :(

Mark M likes this.
  17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Kind of ironic that probably the nicest female face sculpt the 4 Horsemen have ever sculpted gets the worst art work. I don't like criticising someone else's work but that Pumyra art work really does the character no justice.

18. thunderianroyalguard

thunderianroyalguard Manager - Toy Section TC.org Staff

That "Pumyra" artwork is inexcusable. The art and the bio really show a lack of passion for and knowledge of the ThunDerCats [brand]. The figure looks good though.

Mark M likes this.
  19. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I think criticism is fair game, particulary when it's on something I'm paying money for. Do we think this Pumyra is by the same person as the others? I haven't seen this image before and compared to the other characters it looks really rushed. Pumyra should be beautiful which the image is not.

[​IMG]

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree. The artist that did this, like Thundarianroyalguard said, obviously has no real knowledge or passion for Thundercats. If the artist did they would know that a fierce battle pose does not suit Pumyra. More to the point the face proportions are all wrong.

Mumm-Ra's hood looks odd.

Daremonger and mumm_ra_n_rana like this.