PUMYRA and MUMM-RA arrival thread

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by luketommo2, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

I don't like the bio artwork either. For me though, its not really an issue, as I would just turn the package around to look at it once or twice regardless. The figures themselves are what matters. Mumm-Ra looks okay. Pumyra looks great. Curious that they gave her the Totem of Dera for an accessory, considering that she wasn't in the episode in which it was featured.

2. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

From what I've found, the artwork thus far is from a Calendar from 2012 released by a company called Day Dream. Pumyra wasn't part of the calendar, so she has new, and bad, art.

Also, got my November pre-auth charges today.

adssse likes this.
  3. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

Yep also just got mine through as well so we may end up with all of them by Xmas. Ive also emailed super 7 to again see if we can get anything out of them as they are especially promoting their new motu line in emails

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I doubt they will give anything away about Thundercats until at least Toy Fair in February.

5. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

How much will these guys cost? I want these two (they are my all time faves) but I don't got any money right now. Bet mumm-ra will cost a fortune. >_<

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Be prepared to pay $50-100 for Mumm-Ra.

7. mumm_ra_n_rana

She probably has the totem of dera because she's a healer and the totem is a healing artifact.
    NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's really not worth that price. If it ends up like Lion-O and Jackalman it will have quality control problems of some type.

9. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

I'd get Mummra early as it is subscription only and only some people will sell it however PUMYRA is available online to buy so there will be more
    You could always see if any thundercats lair members would sell Mummra at a fairly reasonable price as a gesture of goodwill.

Im still trying to buy a wilykat and kit at a reasonable price in the UK but they are all £100 at the moment

10. mumm_ra_n_rana

well I wouldn't really play with them anyway. I'd probably just put him and her on my shelf with my other action figures.

Mark M likes this.
  11. mumm_ra_n_rana

I will have to ask around. because I WANT HIM!

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Cool. Hopefully another member with some subscriptions can help you out with them. Do you have many other action figures?

13. mumm_ra_n_rana

yeah most are transformers though I got a few star wars, avengers and even one figure from the movie 9. I got a long list of figures I WANT to get but have no money to get right now.

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I wish I still had my Transformers. I only have 6 now. Must try and get some back again.

15. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

I sold my second set a few weeks back for £79 posted shame i didn't know you was after a set :frown

16. Aluro

Aluro Active Member

Hmmmm pumyra looks near perfect apart from the ghastly box artwork ..

Mumm ra on the other hand looks odd and his face just isn't right at all .... Not a major gripe as I'm just pleased to be getting them.

But his face sculpt really isn't that good ... It might be just that the cloak isn't sitting right and maybe in hand it will look better.

17. mumm_ra_n_rana

if you get any extra mumm-ra's let me know PLEASE!

noone ever seems to get mumm-ra's face right. It doesn't help that the cartoon wasn't even constant with how he looked either. sometimes he had this weird derpy look. >_<

18. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

I agree that the artwork for Pumyra is pretty bad, but I rather like the bio. I think whoever wrote it did the best they could with what little knowledge we were given of the character.

19. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

It's mostly that her mouth is far too big, but also her left eye is wonky.

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  20. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast