PUMYRA and MUMM-RA arrival thread

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by luketommo2, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Speaking of Pumyra's face I read some comments on He-Man.org and some people there were saying how much they preferred the original prototypes face compared to the corrected version. :/

2. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

you can't satisfy everybody.

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think it's more just them being awkward and not being big enough Thundercats fans to understand that the face sculpt was not right for Pumyra.

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

And much like Jackalman, Pumyra has not been a fast sell out like Lion-O.

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am trying to remember, with Lion-O did they limit the number each day? I am assuming with these that they made the whole stock available.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes they did.
    Maybe it was that that has put off people buying on day of sale.
    Strange though that Jackalman still hasn't sold out.

7. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Agreed! Jackalman is a nice looking figure

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I can't help but think the announcement of the cancellation of the line and the uncertain future is to blame. I can see people buying a Lion-O for their MOTUC collections but the rest of the characters...not so much.
    Maybe the MOTUC fans are to disappointed with the more cartoon accurate and nicer head sculpt compared to the original prototype sculpt LOL. :roflmao
    With the closing of the site most of the stuff will probably sell out in the next week or so. All the unsold stuff will probably go to Super 7...or shipped out to clearance stores like Big Lots in the USA. Then put on eBay for double the price. ;)

9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Oooo I'll have to keep an eye out at my local big lots!

10. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Friendly reminder: Please keep posts regarding Buying/Selling/Trading limited to our Marketplace threads. Thanks, guys!

11. mumm_ra_n_rana

I don't remember what's the date for their release again?

12. mumm_ra_n_rana

but if a comic is bad.....

13. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

Got my pre-auth charge returned to me. Now the long wait til the first week of December when we're charged for real and they ship.

14. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

they did that one time a few years ago, and said they would never do it again....Mattel also recently made an eBay account and put stuff up for a week or so, then took it all down. They also said they dont put anything from the current year in their Black Friday sales (if they even have one this year) so who knows whats going to happen with remaining stock??

15. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but Pumyra went on sale on Matty's website yesterday. She is still available and surprisingly, so is Jackalman!

Edit: Okay, this kinda was mentioned by Mark. Only thing is that it wasn't specifically mentioned as starting yesterday.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Mark M likes this.
  16. mumm_ra_n_rana

I still got to wait a little while before I can get pumyra. I don't have any money at the moment.

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

You will have plenty of time to save for it.

18. mumm_ra_n_rana

too bad i can't say the same for mumm-ra; :( Stupid subscriber exclusives. >_<

Mark M likes this.
  19. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

Love the pictures and look forward to get these figures by mail soon.

Mark M, Berserker, adssse and 2 others like this.
  20. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Ditto! This figure is the reason I subbed :)

adssse likes this.