PUMYRA and MUMM-RA arrival thread

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by luketommo2, Nov 3, 2016.

1. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

O_O what is going on here?

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Hopefully if Super 7 continue the line they will not do the figures in a subscription with exclusives. :)

3. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

If anyone wants my Mumm-Ra, I would sell it for the paltry sum of._._._one million dollars.

Mark M likes this.
  4. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I hope you took the proper pose when you typed that! :) Im curious to see how the reselling community will price this figure when he's released...

Mark M and Alluro Fan like this.
  5. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

Of course I did. You have to Dr. Evil properly. If the prices on previous MOTUC exclusives are any indication, Mumm-Ra could sell for $100+ easily.

However, since Jackalman and Pumyra are still widely available on the website, its hard to tell what level of interest people will have in Mumm-Ra until he ships.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think there will be quite a bit more interest in Mumm-Ra. Much like there was with Lion-O.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  7. mumm_ra_n_rana

Well of course. He's the most popular villain in the series.

Mark M and ThunDerianRoyalGuard like this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

There will probably be a lot of interest in Panthro as he was one of the coolest characters. :panthro

9. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

10. mumm_ra_n_rana

O_O that face. XD

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  11. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

Pumyra´s face looks kinda weird

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Still looks better than the prototype.

13. mumm_ra_n_rana

too bad the company that makes those real good japanese figures didn't make them. she's have multiple faces instead of one.

Mark M likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes. Same for all the characters. They would have different faces, multiple interchangeable hands, multiple accessories, superior articulation and correct individual sculpts and be in scale with one another and have no quality control issues.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

After seeing the Mattel offerings I think I would settle for unique correct sculpts and no quality control issues. As much as multiple accessories, hands, faces, weapons and super articulation would be cool.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    LioConvoy and adssse like this.
  16. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would like to reiterate this 1000 times!

LioConvoy likes this.
  17. Berserker

Berserker Glass Walker

I agree that if Bandai did Figuarts T-cats they would look great and have a bunch of cool accessories but they would cost $60+ each. Also, you're living in a fantasy world if you think SH stuff isn't plagued with QC issues. I can say that I've had my fair share of quality issues with Monsterarts and Star Wars SH stuff.

18. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

Any link to the prototype pics? Cheers.

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I never said S.H. Figuarts didn't have quality control problems. I have never owned any. However the numerous reviews of their products I have read/watched and my friends that collect them never seemed to have any QC problems. Have you had more QC problems with Figuarts than MOTUC?
    upload_2016-11-20_13-55-20.png
    As you can see the revised face sculpt is much better compared to this.

TMNachoT likes this.
  20. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

Any update on Pumyra and Mumm-Ra? Hopefully they don't charge or ship til the 8th, cause I'm pretty broke til then.