PUMYRA and MUMM-RA arrival thread

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by luketommo2, Nov 3, 2016.

1. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Ok, got mine yesterday, and they both look fantastic. I only wish Pumyra had been a little shorter. She seems out of scale with everyone else.

2. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Yeah I saw that and it's very disappointing :( Same thing happened with the MOTUC Glimmer. What is really annoying about it is there are already tooled female parts that SHOULD have been used instead to keep Pumyra in scale :/ Queen Angella is shorter than Glimmer so that crotch piece and legs should have been used.

3. balgus82

They might've been going for that whole "combining the old show with the new show" thing again since in the reboot Pumyra was taller than Lion-O.

4. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

Anyone in the uk got there Mumm Ra and Pumyra figures yet ? still waiting here :rolleyes:

5. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Nope still waiting...luckily we have the holidays to take our minds off the long wait.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

In the 2011 series Lion-O was slightly taller than Pumyra. The Mattel figures height difference reminds me of Leo and Panthera.
    upload_2016-12-26_11-38-9.png

7. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think Pumyra is bloody brilliant! She's a gorgeous figure and I'm thrilled we got her. I was looking forward to her the most and I'm very happy that she got made. I'm not too worried about her length because scale wise she still fits in perfectly with the rest of the figures. Mumm-Ra is a great looking figure too. I prefer the closed cape though. His staff is excellent. The Totem of Dera is a nice little addition.

adssse likes this.
  8. balgus82

Maybe that was who I was thinking of.

Mark M and Sebastiaan like this.
  9. Sebastiaan

Yea I remember Panthera being quite tall too. Then again, she looked like she didn't belong in the TC world - but that's a comment for another thread. I still love my Pumyra though. She must have had some of that water from Treebeard's fountain....

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  10. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Final have my figures in the UK..love them both. So happy I ordered these now,been a long wait to get them but well worth it .

11. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

Still waiting here :rolleyes . What day did they arrive ?

12. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Got them today. So happy, not soo much with royal mail leaving parcel in recycling bin, but hey I have them. Hopefully not be to long for you. Just Panthro now...I'm looking forward to him as always been a favourite of mine.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  13. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

They have just arrived :smile like you say just panthro to wait for now .

14. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I'm just waiting on a Pumyra and Mumm-Ra now that was sent in the same parcel as my MOTUC November items. Oddly my December items showed up earlier this week!
    I'm guessing the delay is more than likely down to a customs fee having been slapped on the parcel.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  15. Sebastiaan

Well Pumyra is now a year old and even though she is a tad tall, I still adore her, and next to the kittens she's my favourite of the lot. I have however been wondering why on earth she is so tall, when the prototype wasn't? I think I may have the answer and it can be either or:
    The pegs that stem from her "pelvic frame" if I can put it like that are too low (or too long). If they were up higher, the legs would've been at least 70mm shorter. It could also be that the crotch part was too thick and hence the legs could not go up as high. I'm referring to the thick crotch portion on the new wave 1 of S7's MOTUC figs. That might have been the reason the pegs were so low to still keep the frame of her hips.
    The other thing I have realized is that even though her actual legs are the same length as the other MOTUC females, that they could have made the top half slightly shorter. At this point in time she looks like a supermodel with extra long legs sticking out of her skirt. If it had been shortened somewhat, she would have been the right height.
    So that got me thinking - is it possible to maybe shorten her legs beneath her skirt? It's not like anybody will see it. Then she could be the right height. Has anybody thought about this?

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Sadly all the female characters made on the MOTUC buck body are too tall compared tot he male characters.
    A more experience customizer could probably give better advice on how to try and fix the legs.
    All I could suggest would be to remove the legs and cut some off the top of the thigh and drill some new holes for the hip pegs.