Question on "Battle Set"?

Discussion in 'Vintage Collectables' started by IdiotFool, Jul 19, 2007.

1. IdiotFool

IdiotFool New Member

When I was a kid, I got a big boxed set of kid-sized weapons from the Tundercats. It came with a small Sword of Omens dagger, full size sword (I think), Claw Shield, belt, and other stuff. I couldn't seem to find it in the toy section, but wanted to look at it again.

Any help?

2. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

its not there. The only sword that would be in the toy section is the LJN sword. The rest will be in the marketplace section if we have pics of it, whenever we get it up.

3. IdiotFool

IdiotFool New Member

What was it officially called? Is there any info on it at all?

4. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

I have seen all of those on EBay. The small sword of omens came seperate and was not made by the same company.

5. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

As a kid, I owned (and went through! ;) ) several different versions of the Sword of Omens - there was one that looked vaguely like it, made from quite flimsy, flexible plastic, which had the Eye of Thundera in its closed form on one side, and its open form on the other side. These were prone to popping out, which mine did! ;)

Then there was the well-known LJN version, which I still have...somewhere...

Then there was a two-pack I had that contained the short version of the Sword of Omens, and the long version - the long version got lost but I still have the short version! My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I think this set also came with a Lion-O belt - the reason why I say that is because I do actually have a Lion-O belt, and I remember getting it at a similar sort of time to this set! :)

None of which answers your question, but, at least it does fuel this thread, LOL! If anybody has any pics of the Swords I've mentioned, I'd love to see them! :)

Take care... :)

6. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

I'll have to see what I have for pics, alot of them I snagged from ebay and arent moc.

That brings me to Idiotfools question of what was it called. That I have no idea as I am still working on things like that (its hard if you dont ever see one carded and dont own one as I have toned down my merch collecting alot lately)

7. IdiotFool

IdiotFool New Member

I have a picture of myself getting it for christmas, unfortunately, that photo is 3 hours away from me, and I shan't be going to see it any time soon.

Welp, the dollar store is gearing up for Halloween and has their pirate daggers out, which are identical to the sword of omens dagger from the playset mentioned here. They're gold instead of orange, though. I bought two to glue together (since it's only half the dagger) and I'll get some pictures later.