Quickjaws Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by Quickjaws, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

Good Morning all,
    I have uploaded pictures to a hosting site and felt it was now time to do a collection thread (they aren't much fun without pictures...). it will be a slow and steady process as i want the pictures of my collection to be organized and well put together. I have not been collecting for nearly as long as many of you on here, but i feel like i have assembled a decent collection. my old user name on here was Indiabluesplit, i used to post some great resource information, but alot has come light in the last 3-4 years. many of the folks that were here are gone now, there are many new folks that bring their own knowledge, and as long as we keep educating ourselves, that's what matters. if anyone has any questions about my collection, feel free to ask!

My prototype collection in one group:
    [​IMG]

My three favorites are definitely my Quickjaws (of course) my hardcopy Tigra and my Laughing Panthro. Laughing Panthro is the most interesting to me. he was to be part of the next wave of deluxe figures, he would have no battlematic action, but a button to make him laugh. there are two copies of him, one that laughs, and one that does not. I have the one that does not. all of this information came from Jordan at HH (even came with a fancy certificate of authenticity :) )

Here are a couple of my AFA graded figures, i have more, but they are safely boxed up for now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a solid collection of foreign figures, most will be displayed in the toys section of the website (hopefully) so i don't see any sense in posting them twice

here is my most recent acquisition: i normally do not purchase loose production pieces but this one is in such nice condition that i could not pass him up, plus i sold my other two a few years back :-( . i have not found him MOC for a price i can live with, so a nice loose example will do for now.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Fantastic collection, Quickjaws! :thumbsup Very impressive prototypes and hard copies you have.

But I am particularly intrigued by the "Laughing Panthro" figure. Is it the one shown in the first picture? I've never heard of it and nor was it featured in any of the catalogs, so I would love to hear more about it. Did it have a battery compartment? Was the switch on its back where the Battle-Matic Action Lever usually is? Any pictures of it would be great! :)

Were there more prototypes produced/planned for the Deluxe Wave of figures?

Daremonger likes this.
  3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Absolutely epic Quickjaws!

I remember reading about the "Laughing Panthro". The button was to be on the back with a small speaker in the belt where the Thundercats insignia is correct? I think they ran into issues with how they wanted to power him while keeping costs down and the size of the electronics correct? I would really like to see some close up pictures as well!

I also really dig that pink Tygra and remember him from your old collection thread.

Finally, what a beautiful Thunderwings. I have been after a loose one for a long time however with the going rate for them it looks like I will come across a steal.

Daremonger and Wilycub like this.
  4. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

Here is a little more information from the "horse's mouth" so to speak-
    [​IMG]

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Fascinating, thanks for sharing this! I wonder what other tricks LJN had up their sleeves?

Wilycub and Daremonger like this.
  6. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

No telling...Unfortunately i ran out of extra income to chase these "old toys" lol

Wilycub and Daremonger like this.
  7. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Great posts all around, bro!

8. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

nice collection . what other afa thundercats do you have .

9. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

8 Back Energizer Lion-O
    8 Back Panthro
    8 Back Rainbow Sword of Omans
    Stinger
    Driller
    Unitoys Test Shot Lion-O
    2x Unitoys Felina
    There may be one or two more, i cant remember

10. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Beautiful collection as always! Can you post a pic of the laughing Panthro?

Quickjaws and Wilycub like this.
  11. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I agree, a fantastic collection! I think that Tygra testshot is my favorite :) About the "Talking Panthro", am I right in sayng that its basically a production figure, minus the internal mechanism with added dotted marker-lines around the Battle-Matic-Action Lever hole on the back?

12. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

Thank you! The laughing Panthro is basically as you described, and without the CofA one one would even believe it is what I say it is, being as it hasn't been publicly discussed. The one that laughs is in the UK somewhere, or was 4 years ago. This was found in the first "big score" Jordan found. Hence the difference in CofA design.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  13. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

I remember two little creatures with fuzzy heads that were going to be a two pack/ deluxe pack? I heavily considered purchasing them but they were too far-fetched for me

14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Interesting. I wonder how they would have been worked into the show. I am imagining them as Berbil sized than? I am assuming you don't know of any pictures to share.

15. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

I went back through everything and I dont.

16. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Very interesting info you have shared Quickjaws! :thumbsup

So that means that so far, the following are the ThunderCats toys/figures that LJN were working on, but never appeared in any catalogs:
    1. Laughing Panthro
    2. Two Fuzzy Heads (I'm starting to sound like Captain Shiner! LOL! :biggrin)
    3. Mumm-Ra with different arms and legs (in eternian phoenix's collection)
    4. 12-inch Lion-O (in Alex Bickmore's collection)

If anyone learns/knows about any others that should be on this list, please feel free to add them.

eternian phoeni and adssse like this.
  17. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

I need to start by saying, these are NOT my photos, and not my figures - credit goes to Hollywood Heros
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In my opinion, the concept art looks NOTHING like the hardcopies. enjoy the photos!

Wilycub likes this.
  18. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

glad I fornd this pic, as my Macplay has been lost for years...
    [​IMG]

19. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Those pics are interesting, liking the vivid colors and it seems 80's glamor rock was
    Part of the inspiration :) I agree the protos look nothing like the comcept art but in the 80's, toys usually looked a bit off from the cartoon versions

Wilycub likes this.
  20. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Wow, those are crazy! They don't really resemble anything else in the LJN Thundercats lineup. That would have been the first thing they produced with any materials not sculpted or fabric correct?

Wilycub likes this.