Quickjaws Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by Quickjaws, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Thanks for sharing these amazing pics, Quickjaws! :)

Those are my thoughts exactly. They just look VERY different from anything LJN has made for the TCats line, or anything that appeared in the cartoons. :confused

I'm just guessing that maybe these two were planned for another toyline and when that didn't materialize, LJN tried to incorporate them into the TCats line. They did that with some of the weapons (Tuska's gun) and also were planning to do that with the unproduced Lizzor.

adssse likes this.
  2. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

Found a couple more pieces of my collection

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daremonger and Lord LionO like this.
  3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That Tygra is one the coolest test shots I have seen! There doesn't seem to be many out there for the LIN line.

Lord LionO and Wilycub like this.
  4. Wilycub

Agreed! It is also interesting how the colors of the various parts of the test shot are so different from the final toy. If you remember adssse, a short while back we were discussing the same thing about the colors of the 2011 TCats test shots also being different than the final toy.

And those Tygra molds are wicked!!! It is also quite fascinating that some of the LJN TCats molds were made of plaster (like these in Quickjaws' collection), while some molds were made of silicon rubber. Maybe the choice of mold depended on the shape and size of the toy?

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yup, as you know well Wilycub I am a huge fan of test shots! I just find the pink both hilarious and awesome in an 80s way. I know there is a pink prototype of the 2011 Thundertank that I would practically kill for.

I also agree that the molds are incredible. The whole toy making process is so fascinating!

6. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

I would love to add more, I only have 2 right now...would even trade a testshot..

7. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

Here is my small Thundercats artwork collection. Nothing too crazy, just some nice pieces I have picked up along the way.
    [​IMG]

8. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Those are beautiful. I have been becoming increasingly interested in the artwork myself.

9. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

I really enjoy these MOC Unitoys figures, I wish I could find Cheetara and Jackleman. Also displayed is my Rainbow 8-Back Mumm-ra, wish I could find the matching Lion-O. [​IMG]

shortfuse, Lord LionO and Daremonger like this.
  10. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Great job of collecting, Quickjaws!

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Absolutely epic!

12. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

[​IMG]
    Couldn't pass these up! Any ideas which episode these may have come from?

13. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Not sure on the episode but the artwork from Thundercats never ceases to amaze me!

14. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Maybe "Trapped"? The first sketch resembles Lion-O's pose when Mumm-Ra is blasting him with pink energy at the end.

ETA: Never mind. He's facing the wrong way.

15. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

These Model sheets came from the Mandarake auction house in Tokyo Japan several years ago. They aquired them directly from the animation studio that worked on the series, they were purchased by a French collector and are now in my hands. They were used by an animator(s) for the series, there are markings on some of the model sheets by the animator(s). There are roughly 260 different pages. Not quite cels like the original series, but with everything being computerized now, I think this is as close as it gets production used studio art for the 2011 series.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Wow, these are epic! I have to say I am quite jealous. I have not seen much like this available to collectors in regards to the 2011 series!

17. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

"The Mountain." Great finds.

18. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

I went back through the episode, and couldn't spot them myself. Will have to watch it again later

19. Wilycub

That's what I thought at first too! :) Then I thought it might be the "Demolisher" but a quick browse proved that guess wrong too. I don't think it's "The Mountain" either.

20. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

Here is the beginnings of my display, sorry the pic isn't great, gotta redo some lighting,ect,ect.
    [​IMG]
    Here are a couple I couldn't pass up. I have a thing for pre-production thundercats
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

shortfuse and Daremonger like this.