Ranking MattyCollector's ThunderCats

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by ThunDerianRoyalGuard, Jan 11, 2018.

1. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Now we had some time to get used to the figures, I was wondering how you guys rank the Mattel figures (& why, if you're so inclined)
    1. Wilykit & Wilykat 2-pack / Great set, awesome packaging. Beautiful, colorful figures with great likenesses and superb bunch of accessoires.
    2. Jackalman / Amazing likeness and accuracy to the cartoon, probably the best head sculpt in the line + very inventive solution for the furry shoulders :)
    3. Mumm-Ra / Another amazing figure with great cartoon-accuracy, great sculpting.
    4. Panthro / Fantastic figure, great likeness, love the extra accessory with the swirling nunchucks! Nitpick: Chain is way too long :)
    5. Pumyra / Good looking figure with nice accessoires, but somehow a bit clumsy looking. I think the neck is a tad long and the head is a smidge to small.
    6. Lion-O / Terrible Lion-O. He's too squat and too pale. They should have given him a seperate armor, this looks aweful. Also, they screwed-up the Sword; it looks like a clunky broad-sword instead of the elegant, mystical sword from the cartoon.
    So how about you?

Mark M likes this.
  2. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

1. Panthro - One of my favorites in the line. Love the way he looks.
    2. Wilykit & Wily Kat - Love the packaging, accessories and the look of the figures.
    3. Mumm-Ra - He is creepy looking and love him. It is just the cape that is difficult removing.
    4. Lion-O - I like him. He looks good enough for me. One thing that is a negative for me is the extra claw with sword. The sword should have been removable.
    5. Jackalman - Good looking figure.
    6. Pumyra - She is my least favorite of the bunch. Agree with everything that ThunDerianRoyalGuard said.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

1. Wilykit and Wily Kat are the best of the bunch.
    2. Mumm-Ra a close second.
    1 and 2 at the best of the entire series as they were uniquely sculpted to match the animation models.
    3. Panthro. Great figure and was the only one perfect for the MOTUC buck body.
    4. Jackalman. A nicely detailed figure figure but looked odd on the MOTUC body as it was far to tall and muscular.
    5. Pumyra like Jakalman is nicely detailed but the proportions are really off as she is drastically too tall to what she was in the cartoon. Boring face sculpt.
    6. Lion-O was sadly the worst of the bunch. The proportions are off. The legs and overall height too short. Sword is too broad. Clawshield is furry and far too large and badly engineered. The face sculpt is also very bland and boring looking.

4. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Haha, i called the order you have in my head before I read it. I agree with this ranking by the way, for the reasons stated.

Mark M and ThunDerianRoyalGuard like this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree with you and that's a good idea in theory but sadly creating separate armour pieces has always been a major weakness of the MOTUC toyline so I doubt Thundercats would have been done any better.
    Seahawk, King Hsss, Hydron and numerous other characters that required body armour all had the same problem. Hence why I always said the line needed a slimmer body for characters that required armour. Imagine if Lion-O had ended up looking like Seahawk.
    upload_2018-1-14_13-24-47.jpeg

6. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

You all know I'm a huge fan of this line and hope that S7 release it still, so here's my favourites and why.
    1) Pumyra - yes, she's too tall. But she's perfect otherwise. Even her length won't push her from this spot. Long neck and all :)
    2) The twins - hell yeah! They're awesome. Wilykat's orange sleeve is what put them in this position. If only they got that right.
    3) Mumm-Ra - the perfect incarnation of this monstrous entity
    4) Panthro - another perfect incarnation. The accessories are cool too!
    5) Lion-O - He's built never bugged me. The only thing was his chin - not from the front, but from the side. It looks like a witch's crooked nose hahaha. But I guess that's how it was created to work with the swivel.
    6) Jackalman - he is also perfect. I don't have any issues with him. In fact, I'd rank the last 3 equal if possible. The only reason he is my "least favourite" is because I love the other characters more.

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

@Sebastiaan you could say Pumyra literally stands head and shoulders above everyone else. LOL! ;) :roflmao

8. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Bwahahahaha - you most certainly can!

Mark M and ThunDerianRoyalGuard like this.