Rewatch of classic 80s cartoons?

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by LiamABC, Sep 19, 2016.

1. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

It doesn't have to be limited to action shows by any means. DuckTales has been one of my favourites for three decades now - although the impending remake begs the question, should we watch it before or after?

2. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I don't think I am going to bother watching the remake so I'm fine either way. :)

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If we are going to watch it we should watch it regardless of the remake. Watching it before or after the remake wont make any difference as everyone will still compare it to the original.

Wilycub likes this.
  4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree DuckTales would be a great choice. There could be an argument for rewatching some of the classic series to gear up for the new series even. What month is it supposed to debut again?

5. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

I'm not sure exactly when. Actually, maybe watching the original DT beforehand would have it fresh in our minds, that way we're not looking at it through the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia, we'd know exactly how good it was because we'd refreshed our memories.

So if that's a go-ahead, we'll start with the opening 5-parter "Treasure Of The Golden Suns" this weekend. The individual episodes are called:
    1. Don't Give Up The Ship
    2. Wronguay In Ronguay
    3. Three Ducks Of The Condor
    4. Cold Duck
    5. Too Much Of A Gold Thing

Usually we just do 3 episodes a week, but in this case it's a single multi-part adventure so it makes more sense to do the full five in one sitting.

The following two weeks will be devoted to half a dozen selected episodes - all participants can vote either on the DuckTales pilot thread along with their comments, or by messaging me privately.
    The fourth and final week of this strand of ROCKS will be the movie adventure Treasure Of The Lost Lamp.

Mark M and Wilycub like this.