ROCKS 17C: The Legend Of Prince Valiant later season 1 picks

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by LiamABC, Aug 25, 2018.

1. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

WELCOME EVERYBODY TO THE THIRD DISCUSSION IN THE SEVENTEENTH STRAND OF "R.O.C.K.S." - REWATCHING OLD CLASSIC KIDS SHOWS! A big thanks to everyone that are joining us through all of this.

The next few weeks we're covering one of the best shows from the early 90s, The Legend Of Prince Valiant. This show had much stronger continuity threads than most, and so is difficult to distil down to the bare essentials. I've reduced it to a shortlist that still covers most of the first season. I promise you it'll be worth it.

This week we're covering key episodes from the second half of the first season:

- The Guardian
    - The Turn Of The Wheel
    - The Road Back
    - The Waif
    - The Dawn Of Darkness

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that, whilst fans are obviously welcome to passionately discuss and give their views on these episodes, please remember to keep things on a friendly footing and respect your fellow posters.
    Also, please do not post where or how to find the full episode online. And do not post asking others to PM it to you. You are however allowed to watch the show in whatever manner you want.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Another great selection of episodes in a very underrated series.
    I should point out though that the versions of these I watched were not the greatest quality.
    The Waif and The Dawn of Darkness are probably my favourite episodes from this selection of episodes.
    This series really needs a complete region 2 DVD box set released.

3. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

The Guardian is a great episode as it is a major turning point for the character of Duncan. In his first two appearances he was a straight baddie, an evil ruler. Suddenly, in this episode, he learns a valuable lesson about Arthur's system as it spares his life. This is explored further in The Road Back where he goes north to Kengarry and helps sort out the mess that he caused. You'd never have believed it of him to look at his earlier appearances.

The Turn Of The Wheel and The Waif are key episodes in their introductions of Dylan and Dennis, it was important that the characters were introduced in the order they were. Valiant's relationship with Dennis is very complex in his first appearance, and understandably so, but in subsequent episodes they are pretty close. But here, yes, he takes to Dennis instantly then finds out a little more about him and is forced to confront a prejudice within himself.

The Dawn Of Darkness was not one that I had originally pencilled in for this viewing but it sets up the 5-part season finale which we'll be covering next.