ROCKS 18C: Exosquad - Into The Heart Of Darkness

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by LiamABC, Nov 18, 2018.

1. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

WELCOME EVERYBODY TO THE THIRD AND FINAL DISCUSSION IN THE EIGHTEENTH STRAND OF "R.O.C.K.S." - REWATCHING OLD CLASSIC KIDS SHOWS! A big thanks to everyone that are joining us through all of this.

The next few weeks we're covering another great show from the early 90s, Exosquad. Again, as with other 90s cartoons, the continuity arcs are stronger than their 80s counterparts so picking individual episodes is tricky. So as the first season was 13 episodes consisting of a 5-parter and two 4-parters, that will fit nicely into this format

We're concluding the first season this week with the four part feature "Into The Heart Of Darkness". The individual component episodes are:

- Abandoned
    - The Brood
    - Betrayal
    - Defying Olympus

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that, whilst fans are obviously welcome to passionately discuss and give their views on these episodes, please remember to keep things on a friendly footing and respect your fellow posters.
    Also, please do not post where or how to find the full episode online. And do not post asking others to PM it to you. You are however allowed to watch the show in whatever manner you want.

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Again I have to point out the versions of these I am watching are not the best quality which really spoils the viewing pleasure.
    Like before I will just give my thoughts on the overall epiosdes as a whole rather than individually.
    All I can is they are great. This really was a great series.
    Marcus' mutiny was brilliantly executed. Yet also his undoing as he would have to sacrifice his life for the Exo-Fleet.
    I like how Marsala took Phaeton hostage and the eventual destruction of his Neosapian breeding facility.
    I would highly recommend this series to sci-fi fans. It is well worth watching especially if you can watch it in good quality. Hopefully it will get a complete series DVD release.

3. LiamABC

This was a suitably big season finale which also set things up nicely for the second season.

Marcus mutinying against Winfield was well handled. He did it because he believed it was for the good of the human race. Ultimately he realised he was in out of his depth however, and knew when his time was up.

Marsala's actions meanwhile were even more jaw-dropping. You're not quite sure what he's up to but you're sure he's got something in mind.

I'm only now getting my head around which of Phaeton's three generals is in charge of which planet!

I'm just glad I remembered enough about this show to google it 3yrs ago.

Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

@Liam its a shame more members didn't join in and give this show a chance but I think with it being somewhat difficult to find and view in good quality may be a factor.

5. LiamABC

You're forgetting that that problem was specific to you. I was able to view them in the usual place at a perfectly good quality.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes but some people may not know of the certain site we use to download/watch some cartoons and would probably just look on an obvious video sharing website in which the epiosdes are not the best quality to watch.