ROCKS 23C: Pirates Of Dark Water episodes 10-13

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by LiamABC, Sep 21, 2019.

1. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

WELCOME EVERYBODY TO THE THIRD DISCUSSION IN THE TWENTY-THIRD STRAND OF "R.O.C.K.S." - REWATCHING OLD CLASSIC KIDS SHOWS! A big thanks to everyone that are joining us through all of this.

The next few weeks we're covering one of my favourite shows from the 90s, The Pirates Of Dark Water.

This show ran for 21 episodes which is just small enough to cover in its entirety here.

Some sources list episode 1-5 as a season on its own, calling episodes 6-13 season 2 and episodes 14-21 season 3, others list season 1 as the whole of episodes 1-13 and call episodes 14-21 season 2, equivalent to the 2 or 4 seasons debate in Thundercats.

This week we're covering episodes 10-13, which from my perspective was the end of the first season, but from others the end of the second. Anyway the episodes are:

- King Niddler
    - The Collection
    - The Little Leviathan
    - The Darkdweller

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that, whilst fans are obviously welcome to passionately discuss and give their views on these episodes, please remember to keep things on a friendly footing and respect your fellow posters.
    Also, please do not post where or how to find the full episode online. And do not post asking others to PM it to you. You are however allowed to watch the show in whatever manner you want.

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Another great batch of epiosdes.
    Hard to pick favourites but I would say King Niddler and The Dark Dweller.
    The Dark Dweller was a great episode and I really enjoyed King Niddler, it was nice seeing him be the star of this episode.

3. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

These episodes marked the end of what I knew as the first season, and does so in style.

King Niddler is a good episode for our favourite monkey bird - he's always been Snarf to Ren's Lion-O, and you could imagine an episode like this happening with Snarf in Thundercats.

The Collection probably has the least to do with the ongoing storyline, unless the wizard survived his fall and was going to resurface in a later episode. Still good though, the classic shrinking storyline that has appeared in Thundercats, Defenders Of The Earth and Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles to name but three. I trust you recognised Jim Cummings as Skorian.

The Little Leviathan is the comic episode in a way, with the giant baby creature that gets our heroes into mishaps, completely by accident of course.

The Darkdweller is the big finale and a taste of what the series was eventually going to develop into if it had lasted. Bloth was the main day-to-day antagonist, but defeating him for good wouldn't save Mer from the dark water, it was the Darkdweller who was the biggest threat to the planet. An exciting taste of what was to come, if the show had lasted.