rowie's "Collection"

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by rowie4life, Jul 7, 2010.

1. rowie4life

rowie4life Junior Member

Hello, my name is David and I'm a child of the 80s & 90s. Like many here that are from the UK, Me and my brother started watching Thundercats in 1987 or 88, and the Xmas after that we got a few toys from the show. Below is what we had, I also had a Lion-O belt but I can't seem to find a pic of it on the net.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, I was up in the attic searching for something for my Mum, when I found a few toys from the mid 80s to early 90s, which included Lion-O and the Luna Lasher (which I've always thought was from He-Man, silly me.) A bit more searching and I found the accessories for Lion-O and nothing else. :( Over the coming months I'm gonna try and get replacements for my missing stuff and get some of the stuff I didn't have but really wanted as a kid, like Panthro, Snarf and the Sword of Omens. I'll post updated pics when I do.

Here he is, and more than 20 years later the action feature and the glowing eyes work as good as the day I got him.
    [​IMG]

2. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

Cool, good luck on your future collecting.

3. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

Awesome attic find! nice collection and thanks for sharing. welcome to the site!

4. rowie4life

rowie4life Junior Member

I'm trying to find a Thundertank, but they nearly all have missing doors and tracks, now I can understand that the doors would break off, but why did so many kids take the tracks off?

Anyway I just won THIS on the Bay that is e. A nice little kick start for my collection I think.

5. rowie4life

rowie4life Junior Member

Except for Lion-O on the right, these just came from eBay. There are only a few things missing or broken.
    • The black Mumm-Ra sword has half of the handle snapped off.
    • The chain from Monkians weapon is missing. I found a bit of chain that works well.
    • The Thunderwings doesn't always work when you press the button.
    • The light up eyes doesn’t work in my new Lion-O and has no Power Ring.
    • I'm missing the Knuckleduster for Grune, and the action feature is a bit loose
    I think I got a good deal at only £42.38. (£5.30 each for the 8 items)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  6. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

The eyes on the Lion-O with ThunderWings looks different. Is that an actual ThunderWings Lion-O, or is it an optical illusion from lighting or something?

7. rowie4life

rowie4life Junior Member

I'm not that lucky. The Orange is darker, and the eyes are whiter on the Lion-O in the Thunderwing. The Lion-O from my childhood is probably just faded from being up in the attic for so many years, or something. The sword hands are a bit different between the two.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  8. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Excuse my ignorance, But how can you tell the difference?

Nice collection by the way..

Ill get pics of mine up once ive sorted them out

9. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

The Thunderwings Lion-o figure has no "Batle mattic" lever and does not have the light up eyes function. The entire eyes are repainted. This is the main difference.

Great pieces you have there rowie4life :thumbsup:

10. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Cool.... I have it :D Woop woop...