Ruu-Ben-Gaaru: an Original Character

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by Ruu-Ben-Gaaru, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Ruu-Ben-Gaaru

Ruu-Ben-Gaaru Glass Walker

Okay, I've decided to post this in the Custom forum, since this doesn't classify as true fan art.

Here's Ruu-Ben-Gaaru (*see Avatar and screen name*), a (born) vision impaired ThunderCat who is half Lynx, half Bengal, with a Japanized name. He was inspired by Bengali and Lynx-O to be honest.

This was originally drawn with Adobe Illustrator 10.0
    Please post your opinions and feedback here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  2. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Your art is really cool, I'd love to see any more creations of yours even if its not Thundercats related. The coloring on it is almost like the coloring used for cel. Keep up the excellent work....very nice

3. Ruu-Ben-Gaaru

Thanks!

Thanks!! I'm working on a female character, named Jinx, but I need to rework her hair a bit as I'm not pleased with it. I'll post it here when it's done.

4. Mitts

Mitts Active Member

Though it's a nice concept for an original character, I would have to suggest maybe practicing a little more on proportions and muscle structure (unless those were meant to be intentional - in which case, please ignore me).

If you wouldn't mind my asking, why does he have two insignias?

5. Ruu-Ben-Gaaru

Proportions and Insignias

Thanks for your feedback, Mitts! I'm unsure about his body proportions as this has been my style for several years (and this is coming from a legally blind artist). As for Ruu having two ThunderCat insignias?? I I'm unsure as to why I chose to give him two as opposed to traditionally having one. I guess it's because when I create a character that has insignias on their clothing, I usually have one on the left chest, (or breast) and one as a belt buckle, which has become my personal trademark.

Mitts, I've also noticed your artwork in the fan-art forums and I truly like your style. It stays true to the original concept art of the ThunderCats.