saltygirl <3's lion-o

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by saltygirl, Mar 20, 2007.

1. saltygirl

saltygirl Crabman

here's a pencil sketch i did of lion-o.
    [​IMG]

& here he is w/ after a lil wacom tablet magic! taDAH!
    [​IMG]

mmm what a glorious mane & crazy cat eyes...

lion-o was my secret boyfriend when i was 8. :oops:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  2. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Love it, great job and I can't wait to see more! [​IMG]

3. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Although it might seem like an unusual comment, I think the thing I love most about your ThunderCats art is that you actually have a real knack for capturing the essence and overall personality of the 'Cats and conveying that in a single image. For example, your Cheetara is both feminine and strong as one, ditto this piece makes Lion-O look very youthful yet mature and strong, all captured in one image! :)

I think if WB still plan to create a new ThunderCats series, they could do a lot worse than to look to your artwork for character design ideas! :)

Take care... :)

4. saltygirl

saltygirl Crabman

thanx! & i shall post more when i get a chance to DO more.

5. saltygirl

saltygirl Crabman

oh my good-knees, thank you so much for that, chris! that's incredibly flattering of you to say, & gives a really big boost to my ego.

eventho i did it in a slightly more anime style, i did indeed try to make a younger lion-o here. if done rt, anime can convey a lot of emotion w/out too much detail. i tried to show a bit of "yeah, i'm young, but don't mess w/ me. i'm LORD OF THE THUNDERCATS!!!" w/ a lil squint of his eyes.

i was toying w/ the idea of doing a full figured lion-o wearing that black ninja training outfit (from "the return") in this style whenever i get a chance.

6. Tygra-wan

Tygra-wan Glass Walker

saltygirl, this pic rocks! I really do love your style of artwork, and would definitely love to see some more! You have a quality to your artwork I haven't seen anywhere else. Keep it up!

7. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I definitely mean every word - I love the art you've been showing us! I'd love to see your Panthro - he's possibly my favourite ThunderCat, and I'd love to see your rendition of him and what elements of his personality you'd showcase! :)

I'd love to see that for sure - what sort of frame would you give him, a muscular one or a slim, lithe one? I'd be interested to know! :)

Take care... :)

8. saltygirl

saltygirl Crabman

thank you, tygra-wan! i'm coming up w/ a lot of ideas to do more tcat fanart. just need to find time in doing them.

ah yes, panthro & his kickass nunchakus. haven't really considerd drawing him (maybe because he doesn't have hair? i DO love drawing crazy thundercat hair!), but i could give it a shot. it'd be a cool challenge!

well, i'm not 1 who likes the big beefake/sterroid abuser look. so i think i'd make him slim but still athletic (tight, toned, & defined).

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  9. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

Nice work saltygirl! :yikes: