Savage World: ThunderCats

Discussion in 'Funko ThunderCats' started by Sebastiaan, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't think Super 7 go after master toy licences because they can't be relied upon to deliver a product on time to capitalize on demand. They can't even get a small number of niche products on time to customers just selling them via pre-orders.
    One of Mattel's biggest recent mistakes was not producing action figures for the new She-Ra cartoon.. Instead Super 7 made 2x action figures and didn't even release them at retail.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Mattel still had some retail licence for Thundercats. I think they may still have some involvement since Super 7 are using the moulds etc for Thundercats.
    NECA do have retail presence though with their various Aliien, horror and video game licences.
    NECA made some awesome Conan figures several years ago...but they were basically statues. Just imagine what they would be like now with their more articulated Ultimate toys.
    At least Nickelodeon are smart and let more than on company produce merchandise to keep fresh interedt in the TMNT brand.

2. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Junior Member

Finally got my first Savage World Thundercats, Mumm-Ra. He will stay carded as I look out for Lion-O and maybe the rest of wave 1 and hopefully wave 2, locally of course.

It seems I'm more lucky in DC Primal Age than Savage World...

[​IMG]

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

Daremonger likes this.
  3. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Just got a shipping notice for Wave 2 from DeepDiscount. Yahoo!

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Nice, when are they shipping to people?

5. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Mine are in transit, tracking shows expected delivery for Monday. I couldn't turn down the price difference vs. big bad - scored them for under $40 shipped. Lets just hope they arrive in one piece. For anyone who still haven't pulled the trigger on these, Sure Thing toys has the set of 4 for $40 right now https://surethingtoys.com/products/savagetcatss2set?variant=29157246238825 .

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  6. motogp_fanatic

Please do share some pictures once it arrives will you? Let's liven up this forum... Thanks

7. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Will do. :) They arrived today. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    shortfuse and motogp_fanatic like this.
  8. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

DeepDiscount have these for $10.50 right now 15% off with code TURKEYDAY and free shipping for orders over $25.

9. suckator

suckator New Member

They look cool. BBTS doesn't have Cheetara in stock yet. I wish they had added one more darker shade of blue for Tygra's boot cuffs and left forearm band. I think the elbow pad is dark blue on his right arm also (the band holding the pad is the correct color though).

10. motogp_fanatic

That's an awesome set... Congrats.
    Another wave and all the main guys are complete..

11. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

These look great! I’m so glad I eventually preordered wave 1 last year. Really enjoy these figs. Hopefully my wave 2 will arrive soon too. And fingers crossed for more of these down the line. Maybe ToyFair will reveal one or two new ones.

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  12. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I just got my wave 2 figures, excluding Cheetara which is set to arrive in 2 weeks. Sadly my Tygra does NOT have a whip included!!!! Luckily I can send it back as it is still sealed and get a replacement along with my Cheetara. Jackalman has a wonky eye but I’ve seen it in a few pictures. It doesn’t look that bad on the photos but in person it’s a bit much - he needs a pirate’s eye patch haha! His weapon is kinda narrow at the blade but still cool. Sad his club wasn’t included. Monkian is a surprise win for me! He looks much better than the pics I’ve seen and is my favourite next to Tygra. Even in his packaging Tygra looks like THE BEST FIGURE FROM BOTH WAVES! Not exaggerating! Can’t wait for Miss C although some pics show her as half asleep... Hoping for more from Funko!