Savage World: ThunderCats

Discussion in 'Funko ThunderCats' started by Sebastiaan, Feb 17, 2018.

1. PKELL

PKELL Barbarian

How are the Savage World figures now?

I heard the early releases had huge quality control issues, which is a shame because Masters-style Thundercats figures is like a dream come true for me. If they were well made, I'd have bought them all no questions asked.

2. Cobrala

Cobrala Junior Member

Wave 2 is well made. I'd say some of the finest figures in the scale.

Wave 1 is shoddy. Lion-O and Slythe's worst problems are parts falling off but Mumm-Ra and Panthro have fragile leg connectors that rip off.

The good news is a competent MOTU customizer CAN fix these either by replacing the leg connectors with an eyelet screw in each leg and rubber band or leg connectors scavenged from Primal Age wave 2 or Street Fighter figures by cracking open and gluing back together.

It's simple work for MOTU vintage customizers and honestly might be worth doing for all of wave 1. But without the fix, you'll eventually have severed legs with ball joints stuck in them ripped off.

Wave 2 is a dream.

If anybody wants the ULTIMATE solution, I have metal 3D printed leg connectors on Shapeways for $15 a piece. The figures will biodegrade before those give. I don't think anybody really wants those. With my own collection, I just scavenged Primal Age wave 2 clearanced figures. But if those ever dry up, I made the Shapeways item as the permanent fix.