Savage World: ThunderCats

Discussion in 'Funko ThunderCats' started by Sebastiaan, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

Safari Joe for the second wave...

Daremonger and Mad Bubbler like this.
  2. thunderfat80skid

thunderfat80skid Junior Member

I’m digging these. I think the idea of Thundercats done in the vintage MOTU style is cool and the sculpts/paint look good so far. I still want the FourHorseman to continue their figures but this line is a nice additional interpretation to be able to collect. At least they are sort of “ “real” action figures and not FunkoPop or Dorbz with hyper distorted proportions and soulless black eyes or chibi facial features.

Anybody have any release date info for these figures??

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  3. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

Are you kidding? The proportions here end up being just as bad. Most characters look off. It is definitely a line of action figures - but it is not an undistorted one.

4. thunderfat80skid

thunderfat80skid Junior Member

They are indeed distorted but nowhere near the level of a Pop or Dorbz treatment. If you think the proportions on these figures are just as bad as Dorbz etc, that's cool. Personally, I disagree. For me, the original MOTU squat look is classic and this is a fun way to pay tribute to that and add to that universe of figures in a way. Hey, I can totally understand why the Savage Land line is not to everyone's liking, I suppose nothing really can be. I'm definitely more interested in the 4Horsemen getting a chance to continue their Thundercats line (really hope that happens) but I'm looking forward to the Savage World take in the meantime.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  5. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Feels like ThunderCats merchandise lines are always taking one step forward, then two steps backward.

I don't collect any of the Funko Pops or their other stylized figures, but I really admire Funko as a company and the number of licenses they manage to acquire on a regular basis. No other toy company today can even match that.

Some fans always wanted an LJN style commemorative release, well this is pretty much an upgraded version of that. And this line is probably the closest we will get to completing the core members of the team.

I wish we got proper 6" figures, but that's not happening. Despite the deformed nature of the figure, the sculpt, character details and paint job does look great.

Down the line once the core hero and villain teams are being released in plenty, I may decide to pick these up.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  6. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Hopefully I can buy these at KB Toys!:panthro

7. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

I saw Funko figures at Target and GameStop so that probably be the pleaces to get them...

T-Cat likes this.
  8. tone

tone Junior Member

Is there a date for when these are being released?

9. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Nothing as of yet.

tone likes this.
  10. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

It looks that there are no news from SDCC about Thundercats by Funko...

11. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

Keep hounding WB for Classics. Things are ugly for us right now but I haven't given up on what I can do. Again, if anyone in China is listening...

12. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I'm listening.

13. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

Get to a factory and produce some independent figures ASAP!

14. suckator

suckator New Member

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Roadpigjohn and jabus like this.
  15. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Roadpigjohn and Sebastiaan like this.
  16. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Plun-Darr Legend

Is it just me, or is the character art on the cards currently using pictures of the 2011 Mumm-Ra and Slithe? Hopefully that is corrected before production.

17. suckator

suckator New Member

18. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Plun-Darr Legend

Lion-O has a sweeeeeeeeet rack!

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  19. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Correct lets hope those images are just mock ups, but then again they only have access to whatever license kit that Warner gave em.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  20. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Yes, you are right. Also the ThunderCats lettering/logo is the 2011 style. I would much prefer the classic [cartoon] logo that LJN used. I think the entire card art should have been in the LJN style...