Savage World: ThunderCats

Discussion in 'Funko ThunderCats' started by Sebastiaan, Feb 17, 2018.

1. The Drifter

The Drifter Berbill

I didn't collect/buy any of the original Thundercats figures back in the '80's (I was more into He-man, G.I. Joe: ARAH & Star Wars) but did have a passing interest in them at the time. I did feel they were too big/bulky, and would have preferred if they had been smaller.

So, when I saw these new Funko TC figures recently I was impressed - they're not that big. And, though I typically don't like Funko toys because of the "big heads" and exaggerated proportions - these Funko figures are designed to be more along the lines of the way the original figures actually looked.

So, if I see any of these in retail stores, I may buy them - depending on the price, of course.

2. jabus

jabus Barbarian

Looks like deepdiscount.com has them the cheapest now for 9.95 a piece.

3. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Wow! That's a great price!

Do you have a link? Thank you so much!:panthro

jabus likes this.
  4. jabus

jabus Barbarian

https://www.deepdiscount.com/search?mod=ACO&q=savage+world Free shipping on orders over $25 and use code AUTUMN15 to take off 15% (Expires Today 9/26) Brings the total price for the 4 to $32.47 I did read they can be a bit slow in the shopping department so keep that in mind. Since im only paying $8 a figure I can have some patience.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    T-Cat likes this.
  5. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Thank you so much bud!:panthro

jabus likes this.
  6. jabus

jabus Barbarian

Daremonger likes this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The Funko DC Primal Age figures look pretty cool.

8. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

I have mixed feeling bout these figs...I totally understand that they are stylized in a very specific way....and are not going to be super accurate to the cartoon....I was initially very exited when they were first announced...just the fact that we might get the whole team seemed awesome. After looking at pixel dans review....there a lot of things I see kinda odd...they remind me of a very well done ko.....I grew up in mexico and figures like these were very common...they would use the MOTU buck and paint it in thundercats colors..lol....I don't know if anyone noticed but the outline on Lion o's chest plate seemed either poorly painted or not quite true to the cartoon (it looks like its pointy at the middle of chest)....love the claw but the sword is terrible...proportions are off...TC sign is very small...reminds me of the TMNT weapons rack that came with the 80s turtles....the white lining at bottom of lions boots is also a little weird.....and over all little details that a thundercats fan would know seemed to have not been noticed....panthros nunchuks not reaching both hands...and having 2011 tc images on the mummra card and the slythe card....I guess after seeing grune and jaga from mattel at powercon I was reminded of how good it could be and skewed my view for the funko....don't get me wrong....the funko are fun looking...I will buy them..and I hope they complete the core line...but I really want some well made matter like tc figures....

jabus likes this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Do you mean well made Mattel figures? The first batch of Mattel figures were not that well made. Hopefully they can do a better job than the first wave.

I'm not too bothered about the Funko Thundercats figures but it's cool they are doing something with the licence and releasing so many figures in the same style. I wish they could do some similar Marvel figures to be in the same scale as the DC figures, Thundercats etc.

10. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

i meant "well made" as in compared to the funko ones...better articulation....and sculpt detail....

Mark M likes this.
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Mattel was one of my favourite toy companies. They made the first action figures I ever owned.
    But after the way they have handled multiple toylines the last decade+ I just can't support them like I used to. So many good toylines ruined by their own poor management, bad decisions and cost cutting measures. MOTU200X, Avatar, Ghostbusters, Thundercats Classics, Voltron and various others.
    For the fans they tricked into supporting Thundercats Classics I hope they finish making the main characters.
    I can't say I am overly interested in Funko's figures that much but I trust them and believe they will finish the core line up. Well at least the second wave lol.

12. The Drifter

The Drifter Berbill

These definitely look interesting - Thanks for the video review above. I like the classic style of these sculpts, and cool that they're making most of the original Thundercats characters.

Has anyone in the U.S. seen these in brick & mortar retail stores yet? If so, which ones? Thanks in advance for this info. I thought about ordering these online, but Amazon has them for $15 each, and that's a little more than I want to pay - especially since other prices I've seen are $10 each.

13. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

With Wave 2 already featuring 2 Good Guys and 2 Bad Guys in Tygra, Cheetara, Monkian and Jackalman, I expect Wave 3 to have:

Wily Kit and Wily Kat (One pack)
    Jaga
    Grune
    Ratar-O

:panthro

shortfuse likes this.
  14. jabus

jabus Barbarian

They aren't due out till the 15th.

15. The Drifter

The Drifter Berbill

OK, Thanks.

16. jabus

jabus Barbarian

And looks like now they've been bumped to the first of November.

17. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

Is anyone buying these from the UK?
    Just wondered if any company UK based will be stocking them or if we will have to buy via USA or eBay scalper prices

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Kapow Toys are stocking them and I believe so will Amazon UK.

Ebay scalper prices on certain figures are really taking the fun out of collecting certain toylines.

19. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

I just got an email from toywiz, "distributer has pushed back the delivery date until January 2019" .
    Not a great start if you ask me.

:tygra:

20. Mcaseres

Mcaseres Glass Walker

They are showing up at GameStop’s already. Pictures of actual figures are showing up on eBay as of yesterday