Savage World: ThunderCats

Discussion in 'Funko ThunderCats' started by Sebastiaan, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

Toy Wiz is terrible in my experience. They list all kinds of stuff on their website that isn't actually in stock, then try to go get more stock while you wait. It's insane.

2. The Drifter

The Drifter Berbill

Haven't gotten any of these new Funko Thundercats figures yet, but am considering this - especially given that I don't have any of the original '80's figures. That being said, I don't want to pay an arm & a leg for these. If I can't find them in a brick & mortar retail store/online for a reasonable price, I'm not getting them.

And - with TRU having gone of out business last year (at least in the U.S.), it's hard to find a retail store that sells obscure niche toys like this for a reasonable price. And, online stores generally tend to jack up the price anyway.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I hope Funko have the second wave on show at Toy Fair and possible a look at some third wave characters.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  4. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Plun-Darr Legend

Yeah me too!!! Hoping for 2 more waves at least. Wave 1 was a hit despite the QC issues on some figs. With Super7 having loads more coming in their vintage MOTU line it will be good to keep building on TC in the same scale.

Mark M likes this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I haven't heard of any major QC issues with Funko's Thundercats, aside from limbs popping of but easily popping back on. I liked the look of Super 7's vintage style figures but I know they suffered from lots of QC issues, much like their other Classics 6" figures, so I decided not to buy any of them. I hope Funko contue the vintage style figures and branch out into other franchises like Bravestarr, Thundarr, Dungeons & Dragons and Marvel etc. I would love a Captain America and Hobgoblin amongst others in the MOTU style.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  6. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Junior Member

I am really looking forward to seeing more Thundercats at Toy Fair.

I would also love to see Savage World branch out into Blackstar, Crystar, BraveStarr, and Dungeouns and Dragons, but I won't hold my breath. Another cool concept would be Star Wars characters, but done in that Medieval / DC Primal Age style.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Strangely Funko didn't show the second series figures of Monkian, Jackalman, Cheetara and Tygra.

8. Sword Breaker

Extremely disappointing!! We were all expecting to see some new, painted prototypes. What the heck!??

9. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

The Toy Fair isn't over!

10. Sword Breaker

Oh, I know. I'm just impatient!! :biggrin

T-Cat likes this.
  11. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

It's over. As usual, ThunderCats fans are left with nothing.

Sword Breaker likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Really? Thats a shame it would have been nice if they had at least made wave 2.

Sword Breaker likes this.
  13. tone

tone Active Member

I think they had it right in another thread: everything has been shut down to make room for Thundercats Roar

14. Sword Breaker

Yuck. A complete line of distorted figures that you couldn't pay me to take. :poop ( No offense to anybody who likes T-Cats Roar )

15. jbrannock1

jbrannock1 New Member

Did anyone get official word from Funko? Seems to be a lot of speculation...