Savage World: ThunderCats

Discussion in 'Funko ThunderCats' started by Sebastiaan, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Active Member

Soooo, I wonder if S7 getting the license will have any affect on FUNKO? I'm not really sure if they were going to continue with T-Cats anyway....

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I wonder if Wave 2 will be shown at SDCC. Personally I still think that the line has been cancelled along with Conan. After the QC problems of the first wave I doubt many retailers wanted to risk buying more of them....but perhaps I am wrong.
    With Super 7 now trying to get the licence that may have put an end to the deal with Savage World Thundercats...especially since Super 7 make their own vintage Savage World style figures. Maybe they want complete control of the licence to make 6" Classics, 3.75" retros and 5.5" Savage World style figures.
    Conan may be in a similar situation with Super 7 getting the licence for the 6" Classics along with Marvel now owning Conan.

Sword Breaker likes this.
  3. Sword Breaker

What you say is perfectly logical, MARK.

I would be very surprised to see any Funko SAVAGE WORLD at SDCC. It would be pretty wierd to see both Funko and S7 offering the same characters in similar styles! It's not impossible, but highly unlikely.

Just my opinion.
    ----------------
    :panthro

Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 2:53 AM
    Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It does seem very unlikely...but it's not unheard of for more than one company to be making similar figures in similar scale. Just look at those S.H. Figuarts, Mafex and Figma figures of various superheroes and Star Wars.
    But in terms of two companies both making figures in the same vintage style does seem very unlikely.
    Funko seem to just do one line then finish it and move onto something else. I am quite surprised they released the second series of those DC Primal Age figures. They looked very cool, but much like Thundercats the quality control on them was quite poor.

Sword Breaker likes this.
  5. Sword Breaker

You make a great point about those other companies. S7 getting the license for T-Cats, Ninja Turtles, and Conan could be like a giant kick to the butt of Funko, and make them want to double down and get more stuff out there. They have the advantage of retail placement, and a much lower price point. They just need to work on their QC, and we as consumers could be the true winners.
    -----------------
    :liono

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's definently nice having more products on the shelf to pick and choose the best versions.
    Funko are even capable of producing Classics style figures. They made some for Game Of Thrones, Firefly and Warcraft.
    They should have capitalised on the Classics scale for Thundercats instead of those knock off Savage World figures.
    Having a lower price point and retail presence would be great advantage.
    Funko's Savage World figures retail for haf the price of Super 7's vintage style MOTU figures.
    I must say even if Super 7' get the licence I am really not a fan of the pre-order purchasing method. And most importantly their quality control would need to drastically improve to justify their prices...especially the import prices for us international customers.

7. Sword Breaker

I can't lie....it would be kind of cool to see Funko continue with Savage World, with an emphasis on new, high quality plastic.
    --------------
    :panthro