Savage World: ThunderCats

Discussion in 'Funko ThunderCats' started by Sebastiaan, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Crabman

If it's marketing, it's bad marketing. Also what happened to wave two of this line? Looks like ThunderCats sold out everywhere I've been going lately (Gamestop, F.Y.E., etc).

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have heard that one of the Funk designers says that wave 2 is defintely going to be released eventually.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  3. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I take the interview with S7 with a bag of salt. I'll believe it when I see it. As for Funko, the quality of the first wave of figures was absolutlly terrible. Perhaps the delay of Wave 2 has something to do with QC? I do hope they get a release, as much as I dislike the designs of Wave 1, the second batch looks pretty good, especially Cheetara!

4. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Moleman

Interesting theory.

Originally, I had planned on getting Lion-O and Panthro, but then I heard about the craptacular plastic so I skipped them. I really don't want to pick up anything from Wave 2 since I own nothing from wave 1. Sadly, I can't picture them re-releasing Wave 1 with quality plastic, so I guess I won't be getting T-Cats in that style. :cautious
    ----------------
    :liono

5. tone

tone Berbill

Luckily, I didn't encounter these issues. I bought two, and took one out of the package for display (gingerly, lol). The other I put in a box. eBay is flooded with these so I think there was a lot of speculation rather than actual collectors like us.

6. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

You think the news of Super7 releasing a ThunderCats Classics line has any effect on Funko's ThunderCats figures? Do they still have the licence for articulated figures?

7. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Moleman

Personally, I would love to see some T-Cats done MOTU Origins style, but there's pretty much zero chance of that happening now.
    ------------------

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's hard to say.
    I have heard a rumour that one of the Funko designers said wave 2 is going to be released.
    But I have also heard other rumours that they are definitely not getting released because of the quality control issues and suppliers not wanting the hassle and also that there was an issue witht he licence.
    I could be wrong but with Super 7 getting the licence I definitely think that means there will be no more vintage style Funkop figures. Again that is just my opinion, but since Super also make vintage style MOTU figures I can't imagine them buying the Thundercats licence and not wanting to be able to release all manner of Thundercats merchandise like Classics, Vintage, Re-action, M.U.S.C.L.E., vinyl etc.
    It would be cool but I doubt it will happen but you never know. Maybe they could work a deal out with WB/Super 7 eventually.

9. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    shortfuse, Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  10. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Sebastiaan likes this.
  11. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I’m loving these! Gotta have them!

12. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Perhaps they had some agreement with them to let this slide.

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

This is awesome. I may get these figures for a small Thundercats collection. :D

14. tone

tone Berbill

Man, 2019 was looking so thin and yet it's shaping up to be a bumper year for TC figs.

15. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Moleman

I'm happy wave 2 is coming out, but I won't be getting any. I'm a Cherry Picker ( out of financial necessity ) and I'm really only interested in Jaga, Grune, Lynx-O, and maybe Hachi-Man. I'm happy for all you guys that want them, though!
    ------------------

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

With Thundercats coming maybe Funko could still release Conan.

17. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

These are available in the Uk for £9.99 each-so much better value than the Super 7 line and with wave 2 coming I’m pleased
    I would love them to do a wave 3

Mark M likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I completely agree. it's nice there will be some Thundercats products available for fans other than what Super 7 are making. Hopefully there will be other merchandise based on the Classics cartoon when Roar is released.

T-Cat likes this.
  19. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

the site where I ordered wave 1 is offering wave 2, but at a slight price increase and with a pre-order window of only 5 days, like they dont really want to stock them. Out of the four I really only like Cheetara, maybe Tygra. The mutants look so dull, I can only imagine how aweful they would look on that hiddious cardback...

Mark M and Wilycub like this.
  20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree the cardbacks aren't very nice. And the mutants could do with some more colour.
    Personally as much as the figures have issues I would rather support Funko's Savage World figures than Super 7's overpriced Classics/Ultimates.