SDCC Exclusive Figure

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I thought I'd create a separate thread for this one based on some comments in the others. Which character do you think will be the SDCC exclusive? Is there a specific one you would like to have as the SDCC figure? Personally I think it will be a Red Lion-O. (I also hope it will be the Red Lion-O) The only reason I say that is it will be the cheapest option for Mattel to only repaint the buck instead of creating a brand new design so early on in the series. I doubt it will be a coronation Lion-O as it might only come with a crown and ceremonial robe that could be taken off. That would defeat the purpose of selling Lion-O as the first subbed figure as you can then get him there and just remove the robe etc to make him a standard version.
    Do you think it might be ghost Jaga? Or what about Mandora or one of the Lunatacs? Post away and share your wishes.

2. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

Mattulycollector recently said on their forum that it will be a figure that every thundercats fan will want...
    From this id say it will be MadBubbler as it was a figure that never reached mass production to the retail market

Sebastiaan likes this.
  3. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

A lion on would be the easiest.....and I would be happy with a red lion o....i bought several of the BANDAI red lion o...however It would be awesome if it was something more than just a repaint.....the 4H guy said in an interview said it was "must have" for fans.....so im hoping for a young jaga or grune with TC symbol that would blow my mind

Sebastiaan likes this.
  4. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

If it is a Mad Bubbler figure, I wonder if it will have the "bubble-blowing" action or just be a standard figure with movable limbs.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It definitely won't have an action feature. None of the MOTUC figures had action features. unless it has a clip on piece to simulate the bubble effect.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think it will probably be red Lion-O, Spirit Jaga or invisible Tygra.

Sebastiaan, englishw and Berserker like this.
  7. Berserker

Berserker Glass Walker

I agree with you on it being one of these 3 but a Bubbler would be so unexpectedly cool! Spirit Jaga seems like the logical choice but a left field character would be nice.

Sebastiaan and Mark M like this.
  8. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would be very excited for any of these along with a Thundercat Grune!

9. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

That's not how the exclusives for MOTU have ever worked, they aren't simple repaints. They actually have a higher tooling budget for SDCC stuff. Repaints and easy to produce figures are usually chase items or other con exclusives. Repaints are also not must haves for most people.

I'm going to guess Wilykit & Wilykat, and maybe Snarf...just from rumors I've heard a few times. That would certainly be a must have, and would equal the 10 figures they said they finished already a few months ago. If it is a core character, I hope they make a lot.

No matter what it is, I can't wait.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  10. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yes, if it truly is a core character than I hope it is easy to purchase for subscribers at least. I may actually prefer if it wasn't a core character though.

11. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

I am leaning towards Ghost Jaga since it will be easy and cheap for them with another version coming next year. If I really want to dream bigger (which I do!), I would hope for Mad Bubbler, Mandora w/her bike or Luna and Amok! Heck maybe even a Willa/Nayda 2-pack!

12. temple

temple Active Member

I'm thinking if it's not a variant, it WON'T be a Thundercat or main mutant - I think they'll save them to sell future subs. Mandora and bike would be cool, and a good use of the larger budget.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  13. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

:panthro
    I'm thinking young Lion-O from "Exodus"!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  14. Sebastiaan

I never thought about it that way - but then again, although Red Lion-O is just a repaint, he is also a figure a lot of us really want. When the Bandai version came out I had to have it! It was the proudest piece of my collection back then.

If it is Wilykit & Wilykat, I will freak out completely as they're the figures I am looking forward to the most! Even Pumm-Ra would be awesome!!!!! Snarf I don't mind waiting for a year or 3 lol, as long as he comes with Snarfer :) And I agree, no matter the figure, I want it and can't wait for it. July is only 4+ months away.

15. Sebastiaan

Now that would be fantastic!!! I really hope they make him (clothed preferably....)

T-Cat likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Maybe a Claudis.

*This is just a joke suggestion!* What a about a Lion-O with the regular He-Man head but with Lion-O's hair. It could be called Cosplay He-Man. ;)

Ianm1225 and Sebastiaan like this.
  17. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

considering the SDCC exclusive would come out before the actual release, of the Main character (Lion-O), I don't see the SDCC exclusive being a side character like Ma-Mutt, Snarf, the Berbils or the Wily Twins. Also I don't think Red Lion-O makes sense, he was a very minimal character.

Since MattyCollector likes to make translucent figures , I'd bet on Clear Tygra, Spirit Jaga, or my personal favorite Lion-O with lightup eyes feature. They have done a few MOTUC figures with electronics lately. So its not out of their realm. My first bet it Lion-O with lightup eyes. He's the main character and a variant. So he wouldn't completely overshadow the official release, and you don't need him to complete the line with all the main characters if you get the regular release Lion-O

18. Sebastiaan

That's possible, and as much as I'd love it, I don't see it as much of a variant in comparison to the Red Lion-O. The translucent ones might be ok, but if that's the case, I would give those a skip. Would love a young Jaga

19. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

I agree in terms of characters, red Lion-O is more of a variant. but I'm talking about the first release of Lion-O from Mattel. it wont have the light up eyes feature. so it would be a variant of the mattel version. either way. I'm sure we all be excited to get whatever it is! Hopefully subscribers can get early access to the SDCC figure.

adssse likes this.
  20. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

Claudis could actually be a pretty big contender! They started MOTUC with King Greyskull - maybe they will start TC with a King as well!

Gerrit and Mark M like this.