SDCC Exclusive Figure

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys (2016 -)' started by Sebastiaan, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah outside of the vintage line up and a dozen or so Filmation characters there was a lot of sub and min sub places really wasted on characters that only the 'true (more money than sense) fans' would even want. And even they would only be wanting them for the sake of having a complete collection, not for love of the character.

Roadpigjohn and mr freeze like this.
  2. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

o_O help me to find them i'am struggling here :confused:

3. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i hope the t cats line doesn't go down the road of making up characters after the core figures are released . don't shoot me here masters fans but i think the line as become a bit of a joke towards the end .

4. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

The year MS was released was at its worst, I almost quit the line, but we made it and now have the biggest most comprehensive MOTU line I think there will ever be!

5. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru

Just curious if you are aware of the backstory on this figure?

6. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru

Yes, they will be in the same SDCC packaging

7. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member TC.org Staff

Nice enough packaging, though not a fan of the art on the back of the Kittens and the bio for them describes them from the 2011 series and NOT the classic cartoon :(
    Though since I won't be displaying the back of the package I can live with it I guess :)

Daremonger likes this.
  8. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Really? I couldn't find a hi-red enough picture to read the back. That seems very odd.

Daremonger likes this.
  9. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Active Member

Here's the quote:

"No matter how young or small, this dynamic twin duo are key members of the THUNDERCATS team and important for the group's survival on Third Earth. WILYKAT and younger sister, WILYKIT, live for mischief making and playing jokes, luckily, their playful antics have a purpose. As natural tricksters, these THUNDERCATS use beguiling methods to conquer the most fiendish of foes. WILYKAT subdues with his flick, a grappling hook, to overcome enemies and WILYKIT enchants with her hypnotic flute."

The part about their age seems fine, he's older in the original, they're twins in 2011. The weapons are what stick out to me, specifically the part about the flute for Wilykit (pretty sure it was called a flupe), that was a bigger part of her character if I recall. Wilykat seems to skew more to 2011 too for the weapons section as well, as he used a 3 pronged hook called a flank, in the show.

Daremonger likes this.
  10. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Thanks!
    Did they do that on purpose? I mean how could someone possibly mix up the series on something this significant without being caught. I can even see using that bit of the NS if they are releasing a flink and flupe but from what we have seen so far it looks like the classic weapons.

Daremonger likes this.
  11. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Active Member

I have to assume it was an accident. Doesn't make much sense otherwise.

Daremonger likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

His head, weapons, belt and harness.

13. englishw

englishw Junior Member

I love the figures and I love the packaging, but am I really going to have to fill a scalper's wallet if I want to assemble a full ThunderCats team? I was excited when I read they would be up on Mattycollector.com, but only for pick-up at SDCC? Ugh. Not cool, Mattel. Not cool. If it was a non-core team member, that would be one thing, but the Wiley kittens are must-buys for pretty much everyone collecting the line, right? I just don't get it. I'll bet scalpers in San Diego are rejoicing. This is fabulous news for them.

adssse likes this.
  14. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I completely agree mate, nice to see you on here, it's been a little while since I've seen you post.

englishw likes this.
  15. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I echo these sentiments exactly! I really want to complete this line, but there are already ebay listings for over twice the amount. I simply cant afford to pay something like that. It looks like I am left with hoping someone going to SDCC can help me out or hoping that I can get on their site quickly enough if they do open up ordering. Matty, if you are reading this do the right thing and give Third Earth subscribers the opportunity to get these before opening them up to the public.

englishw likes this.
  16. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I read the ThunderKittens' bio, and I'm hoping Mattel will somewhat revise it. They got 1985 Lion-O's bio correct, at least.

17. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Indeed, the whole point of subscribing is to be guaranteed to get the figures and to pay a little less than those who don't want to buy them all. Gonna be a shame if all that money I saved on the sub goes to some ebay seller so I can get the twins. I got 2 subscriptions, so I could always offset the cost by selling my subscription Mumm-Ra for a high price, but that would make me no better than the scalpers.

englishw and adssse like this.
  18. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

After seen the packaging of the Thundercats kits I would say that I'm satisfy for how good they look.
    I would get them from the Matty store if they are available for everyone that are not attending the con...

Sebastiaan likes this.
  19. Berserker

Berserker Glass Walker

Matty always puts SDCC items up on for sale on the site about a week after the con. I'm sure this has been said a few times in this thread. Even if subscribers don't get early access they don't usually sell out before the regular sale.

Roadpigjohn and Sebastiaan like this.
  20. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

My question is how fast do they sell out once the put them up for sale? I have heard horror stories about having to get them within minutes or you are out of luck.

Sebastiaan likes this.