SDCC Exclusive Figure

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Feb 18, 2016.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That's true. Good point. I guess the paint doesn't bother me that much as the rest of the figures more than make up for it.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  2. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Sebastiaan and Mark M like this.
  3. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Here's a pic I saw on FB of the kittens. They actually look really great.
    [​IMG]

shortfuse likes this.
  4. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

They look really nice, though I'm preferring Kit over Kat. Gonna have to crack the brown paint out when I have mine in December/ January.

The classics brand annoys me a bit though. I get the reason for it, but I would prefer the just labelled it Thundercats, everything 2011 should have "reboot" tagged on the end of it. ;)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Sebastiaan and Wilycub like this.
  5. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Me too. There's something about Kat's face/expression that doesn't quite gel. And why is he carrying Tygra's Bolo Whip? ;) JK

Sebastiaan and Mark M like this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The shape of Kat's hair looks wrong. It should come down in more of a point on his brow.
    Also why is is Kit's lip the wrong colour?
    Kit and Kat's eyes look too big, especially Kat's.
    upload_2016-7-27_8-41-35.png

shortfuse and Wilycub like this.
  7. Sebastiaan

I love both of them. They look fantastic - my only complaint is Kat's sleeve. His eyes may be a tad big, but his hair looks fine to me. Regarding the "whip" he has - here is a close up of his lariat from the cartoon. On the actual pvc figure that came with Tygra his was also curled up in his hand, which doesn't really show a handle or those two balls at the end of them. So perhaps its just an interpretation of it. I don't mind it. I like it - it works for me.
    [​IMG]

8. Sebastiaan

I completely agree! The classics word on it make the logo look off. I'm thrilled they used the correct colours of the logo, but the classics thing just throws it off balance.

9. Sebastiaan

shortfuse and Ianm1225 like this.
  10. mumm_ra_n_rana

If you fixed everything mentioned that would be cool. I know of people on deviantart that buy disney figures and make them look more accurate to the shows/movies they appear in.
    Wow! Check out skeletor! He loos like he's gonna kidnap the children. XD

11. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Why would you be getting them in December? :confused

12. mumm_ra_n_rana

I wouldn't mind owning these guys but sadly I only have 7 bucks to my name after getting my cat her operation, though I'd want to get Mumm-Ra before these guys and then Pumyra. I guess I'll have to save my money up.

13. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

The whip accessory bugs me too as I'm quite sure WilyKat never had anything like it in the cartoon. It looks too similiar to Tygra's bolo whip to work as a new accessory for Kat either. Not sure why they didn't just give him the exact same lasso as Kit but in the brown colour.

14. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

I bet its the four horseman trying to pay homage to the old LJN Tygra accessory - cool I guess, but not necessary.

15. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

That was my take, too.

jabus likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The whip is odd, what with the 4H being such big fans of the show, surely they would have given Tygra a cartoon accurate whip. They should have just used WilyKit's lasso again instead of wasting lots of money to tool a new mould.

Wilycub likes this.
  17. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I do too think the kittens look great! personally i am looking forward for Panthro, can't wait to get of him!
    Is there a Video link of the figures displayed in SDCC??

18. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I ordered the single ship option on my subs. I won't be getting Kit and Kat sent to me until my friend in the US has all of my figures to be shipped to me in one go to China.

19. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

For some reason i thnk the best out of them all, turned out Pantro. Lion-0o is kind of short and stocky

Wilycub likes this.
  20. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

I think it's because we're used to Panthro looking a bit short and stocky!