Season 2 revealed at Powercon

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by balgus82, Sep 15, 2013.

1. neisan18

neisan18 Moleman

Yes he did! See below as qutoed from the ThunderCatsNOW Facebook page:

"ThunderCatsNOW Dan didn't reveal it all. He has promised to do so, however, in a podcast, so stay tuned!

-- Celesta
    Like · Reply · 6 · September 14 at 10:42pm"

2. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

that doesn't say WHEN the podcast is going to be. and No, as far as I know he hasn't said when it's going to be yet.

3. neisan18

neisan18 Moleman

Holy mania. My apologies, I somehow missed a key word in the question. Don't know how I managed that- must be these old eyes. Anyway, hopefully it's soon.

4. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

Since Ben-Gali is revealed to be Tygra and Cheetara's son, two questions have just occurred to me:

Since Tygra is an adopted sibling and Cheetara is just barely above the cast of commoner, would Bengali really have the luxury of calling Lion-O (the king of all Cats) uncle?

On that note, let's say Lion-O didn't meet that special someone and never had children of his own, would that mean Bengali would be the de facto heir apparent? I still stand by my belief that Tygra should not be the father of the next king

I can't help but imagine a future where Lion-O basically has no relationship with Tygra's offspring and/or more or less has a certain amount of contempt for them.

5. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I find the concept of Bengali being Tygra and Cheetara's son baffling as well. :confused:

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I find a lot of the NS concepts baffling.

7. HeMan

HeMan Glass Walker

Season one was at best tolerable for me but details of a season 2 for this series is certainly disturbing and in a very bad way.

8. monothingie

monothingie Crabman

So did the target demo. That's why we're talking about it in the past tense.

9. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

1. Why wouldn't he call Lion-O uncle? Adopted or not Tygra is still Lion-O's brother.

2. Yes he would be next in line after Tygra. Though Lion-O could possibly name his own heir. Or adopt someone himself since Tygra pretty much proves adoptions don't exclude you from the line of succession.

3. I can't see Lion-O being distant from Bengali just because of Tygra. He seems to more or less like kids.

10. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

It seems the Cats were never meant to be pure heroes to begin with. The writers were going to show them in all their shades of gray. I was expecting Pumyra to die, it was clear they were setting her up for that, but at Mumm-Ra's hands and not Tygra's. For her to become an evil insectoid hints at how dark her soul was from the very beginning, as we don't know what her life was like in Thundera before her death and resurrection. She might not have been such an upstanding citizen.

Snarf was Mummsie's experiment? That's an interesting twist. And the ThunderCats sprang from the Snarfs? And the Cats were the experiment that got away to form their own society and government? A very interesting take, to be sure.

Lynx-O would doubtless have been killed in the final conflict between the ThunderCats and Mumm-Ra. Slythe would have done the deed as payback.

On a brighter note, I knew Tygra and Cheetara would marry and have offspring. I just didn't know their son would be Bengali. I would have hoped the character designers would show him with his mother's spots as well as his father's stripes. I also see him as an aspiring Cleric in the order his mother rebuilt. And she would have been the one to rebuild it, as she was the only remaining Cleric in Thundera. Tygra would have helped her in some capacity.

WilyKat and WilyKit would either have returned home or stayed in the big city. If their entire family had been wiped out while Kat and Kit were gone, it's very likely they would have been adopted by either Lion-O or Tygra and Cheetara.

And Lion-O? I can't see him living the rest of his life as a bachelor king. And the writers would not have done either him or the viewers any favors in having him do so. No, the best thing would have been to end the series showing Lion-O as a young husband and father. Nothing else would have made the fans happy.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  11. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

Why? I myself dont disguse girls or relationships but i still think it would be interesting if it never happend. Id rather it take a while then not happen at all but why does everyone want their characters to always mate with someone else?

I dont favor it, but just think what could be done. Next in line would be Tygra and for a Tiger to act as king would be quite different and that also goes for their kid. The possibilities!

Although i would like it more if Lion had a child and that child and Tygras child would go on adventures and what not, not brothers this time but still very close in heart and soul.

12. catspat

It's usually the traditional way to end a family-themed series, either live-action or animated, though, yes, a lot of such shows didn't end that way. To have Lion-O married with children, marrying a female member of his tribe, or simply having him eye her would finish the series on a hopeful or happy note. Why would the writers want to cheat the fans by doing otherwise? It doesn't make sense. And it isn't very nice either.

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  13. Dragon78

Dragon78 Barbarian

It would have been nice if Lion-o ended up with someone by the end of the series if it lasted that far. I wish we would get that podcast so we can finally have some closure to this incarnation.

14. Romanticide

Romanticide Laser Beast

well..that was interesting i guess.

15. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Yeah, to be honest, after hearing those plots I don't really blame CN for cancelling the show. Frankly, I probably would have done so as well. Genocide, decapitations, killing insectoid pumyra, it's a bit heavy for a cartoon. Does CN do NC-17 shows?There is really no reason for any of that, shock crap like that to me is just a cover for lack of ideas. Some of the rationale from season 1 seemed a bit cold/nonsensical to me and after reading that I see why.
    Also, what the hell is the point of having ben gali being cheetara and tygras kid? Are we really gonna go thru a whole pregnancy thing amidst the all the bloodshed to get a blue white cat baby? How many years were they thinking this show was gonna last 20? Is his aging capsule going to leak like lionos did to get him to an age worth having him in the show? Grumble.
    I'm looking forward to this podcast that provides context...
    The art was awesome, the music was good, such a shame that's where the ideas were heading.

16. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

...except they didn't cancel it due to the themes in the show. Just because a show has genocide (Avatar: The Last Airbender) and less-than-subtle deaths (also Avatar along with hundreds of other cartoons) doesn't mean it's going to require a birth certificate to watch it. Speaking of Avatar, the creators of that show have flat out stated that they can basically get away with whatever they want as long as there is no gore or foul language. And if you watched Young Justice at all when it was on, it definitely was not aimed for kids. When you hear one of the main female protagonists say "I feel naked, and not in a fun way", you kind of have to question if you're still watching Cartoon Network. My point here is that there really isn't any logic behind saying the show was "too dark for a cartoon" because there are plenty of others that have done the same things it has.

17. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

What many of you boys and girls have to realize also is that these plot-points were never finalized. For all we know most of them would never be used in the final product for many reasons stated by yourselves.

18. catspat

Some of them probably would have been finalized in a somewhat softened form to make it a bit easier for the audience to handle.
    Merged Post:

Definitely. To have Lion-O, his queen consort, and their children standing on a Cats' Lair balcony, watching the sunset, would have been the perfect way to end the series. Maybe I'm a sentimentalist, but that kind of ending would have been okay with me. :)

And you know what? Fan fic writers can use that as a jumping-off point to create a whole new saga for this incarnation of the ThunderCats. Just because the show ended at 26 episodes doesn't mean it can't continue in fan fiction. :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    xluckinekostylex likes this.
  19. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

1. What do you mean by "softened form"? How could any of the stuff have been softened up?

2. If it's of any interest to you, i'm trying to write a fanon Season two that has a happy ending

20. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Catspat meant that the planned second season would've been more tolerable for viewers if it got rid of some of its outlandish ideas.