Season Two Designs?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Lion-O-hearted, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Lion-O-hearted

Lion-O-hearted Junior Member

I saw these drawings on DeviantArt recently:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(DISCLAIMER: Both pieces of art were created by Ingrid Rojas Colin, AKA ClAyMoRe--MiRiA on DeviantArt. More of her gallery can be seen here at this link: https://claymore--miria.deviantart.com/)

After looking at the two drawings, it made me think: If the rumored time gap that was supposed to happen between Seasons One and Two were true, would any of the characters have changes to their looks? It would make sense for Lion-O; he probably would don more garb to look more regal. But what about the other characters?

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Actually Bandai released some pics of the 6" Lion-O in his season two look and aside from looking bigger and older he resembled his 80's look a lot more.

3. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I'm not sure I saw that one. Care to share a link?

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Here are some of the pics including Cheetara and Mumm-Ra's season 2 looks.
    upload_2017-10-11_17-23-58.png
    upload_2017-10-11_17-24-39.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  5. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

That's actually wrong Mark, those pictures are of a reimagined Lion-O (and the others) in a Japanese style. In the article it actually explains what the idea was behind that style. It had nothing to do with the 2011 cartoon. It was just a toy reimagination.

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I see. I recalled seeing these pics a while back and it someone had said these were the season two looks. After actually reading the article I see I was mistaken.

Regardless of any costume changes I doubt it would have made any difference to the 2011 series as the details released for season 2 sounded terrible such as Pumyra being turned into a giant insect etc.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Oh yeah, I've seen the figure, but never saw that concept art.

What Sebastian says makes sense. They're not even in a similar artstyle to the show.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Yea I agree, I don't like the idea that Pumyra turned into a giant insect. Sure she was my favourite of the show, but even with her being a spy for Mumm-Ra, that silly storyline didn't feel right. I also wondered how they would have the time jump happen since it ended on a note that sort of had them still searching for the stones. Unless it took them years. I didn't like the Bengali-child thing. That was silly. Would that have meant that Wilykit & Wilykat would've grown up? And he take their place as the child of the show? Weird.

Mark M likes this.
  9. The Drifter

The Drifter Berbill

Interesting pics.

I agree it would have been nice to see Thundercats 2011 continue beyond a S01, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. The storyline definitely could have continued; this is one of my favorite animated cartoons, and it's too bad it didn't last. This is one of those animated shows I always hope Netflix will pick up, but I doubt it will ever happen.

I do think Thundercats will return in some capacity - at some point - but I think it'll either be a continutation of the 1980's animated series - or another revamp. Unfortunately, I don't see the 2011 series ever getting revisited.

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

A movie finishing off the story would have been cool for the fans of the show.
    There was some good stuff tot he 2011 series butt too many things about it that really let it down from being a great consistent series.

A revamp show seems the best way to go for Thundercats. Voltron is a pretty good example. Voltron had the continuation of the 80's series from around 1998 that didn't do to well then another continuation of the 80's series (not sure if this was set after the 1998 continuation or overwrites it) from 2011 that didn't go very good just like Thundercats. Yet Netflix picked it up and completely revamped it and it is having pretty good success and the show is awesome.

11. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

ThundeCats should continued in comic\graphic novel/manga form , Idw, dark horse or Boom! Should just picked up where the reboot left off with a different storyline for s2.

Mark M likes this.