Second Legacy artwork

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by thebritwriter, Feb 23, 2014.

1. thebritwriter

thebritwriter Junior Member

Basically this has been art I've been working on the crossover fanfic (He-Man 2002 and Thundercats 2011) where I'll be putting on display more detailed art, I have two to show, showcasing for now an original set of characters who serve as a 'mini boss' but as modern successors to the havoc staff and tie in with the theme of legacy.

The Hyena fighting Claudus is called Spelaea, a tyrant to her own kind and warmonger to the other animals, she's the mother of Crocuta, originally her role in world powers was minor, but like with the rats, she finally acquired a 'relic' from forgotten days that allowed her to unite her people by force and use their numbers to nearly destroy the dog city states before Claudus forces intervened and destroyed the bulk before she could arrive. Outraged she goes for an ambush for Claudus himself, of course looking at the background in the pic, the fight with Spelaea is nothing compared to the tragedy that awaits the king of the cats.

I gone some way in making the Hyaenidae not just as an OC design but try to incorporate importance in appearance and design, making similarity in armour for example to show a level of rivalry. I'm not sure if this is how a Hyena race would appear in a TC11 series but no harm in trying.

The second picture shows Spelaea's daughter, Crocuta. The picture is just a straight up 'arms-at-ready' situation, only in this time Crocuta isprtotected by a group dedicated to returning the Hyaenidae to it's 'glory' called the 'Lunataks' It's based on a chapter in the future where there will be a showdown. Really I wanted to reinvent the lunataks as Hyenas, but to have someone bring the havoc staff as a formidable weapon against the sword of omens.

Attached Files:

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I just love that colored artwork. :3

3. thebritwriter

New artwork will be coming in the coming weeks including a comic, it'll be a prequel based on second legacy but looking on the story behind the secondary characters (Claudus, Leona, Grune etc) With Spelaea (who fights Claudus in the pic above)being the main antagonist, and how the havoc staff was obtained. Some of this will be covered in the fanfic but I'm doing a separate entry that goes into more detail without sidetracking.

Plus I just finished doing a lot of other non TC artwork but if anyone wants to check my deviant account have a look at the Elsa pic, it's non TC but could do with feedback on that as it has been a huge project to work on.
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Age-of-Ice-Elsa-vs-Maleficent-498301872

To be honest I'm not sure what everyone here thinks of my work, both art and writing but feel free to give your opinion now and if a fan comic is worth reading for you people.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  4. Daremonger

I believe a fan comic of the story you're writing would be fantabulous.

5. thebritwriter

Illustration from chapter 8 is on show, not THE moment of what happens but one of several, oddly enough the monster from the He-Man episode doesn't seem that out of place in a crossover picture.

[​IMG]

Colouring wasn't that difficult this time round.

6. Daremonger

Those are epic colors.

7. thebritwriter

Am working on a new illustration that will be a feature in the planned comic, also I had some requests on how spaelea obtained the havoc staff, well here's how and features the forgotten one 'bengali'

[​IMG]

8. Daremonger

I love the new drawing. <3

9. thebritwriter

10. Daremonger

This is fantastic!!!

11. thebritwriter

[​IMG]

Bit mixed on this but overall I might as well get this one out of the way whilst am on here, still need to update the fiction, just dealing with corrupt files at the moment.

Anyway here's this piece showing how the havoc staff came in the possession of spaelea, basically a precursor to the whole claudis vs spaelea pic I did a while back.

Yes Bengali was in this but he would be fan comic only as (and I have tried) writing him in the fiction but found I was getting off track etc.

12. Daremonger

Great artwork as usual. Bengali looks quite similar to his 1980s counterpart. ;)

13. thebritwriter

Thundercats generally have a lot of good designed characters from the 80's and for the most part the show updated the designs with better colouring and slight modernizing of appearance (main heroes have been significantly changed of course) And Bengali is a good design so there wasn't much need to change anything much.

I did consider changing the clothing to a uniform similar to the faceless one to show he was aligned to help him but it was beyond me from creating a piece that would fit him and have the resemblance to not taking him away from the source material.

14. Daremonger

That's so true.